Thursday, July 26, 2007

Not going to BlogHer? Come and chat!

OK! If anyone is interested, please come and chat tomorrow, Friday. I will have the chat room open at a reasonable hour tomorrow. I will visit when I can. I've never run a chat room before, so ... don't take advantage! Feel free to spread the word and invite your bloggy friends.

And don't forget to snag your "I'm not going to BlogHer" button for your site:



Oh, also I just found out at WhyMommy's blog Toddler Planet that you can attend the BlogHer conference in Second Life! Wish I'd known about that sooner.... I don't know much about Second Life, so I figure it's too late to learn now just to virtually attend the conference. Maybe in my second life, hee hee. But if you know what you're doing, then go for it!

- - - - -

Flybaby slept a grand total of nine collective hours yesterday (a 24-hour period) with great periods of fussing (he wants up! he wants down! he wants to crawl on the counter! he's tired! he's not tired! he doesn't know what he wants!), and I threw in the towel and called the pediatrician. I finally got an appointment late this afternoon. I calmly explained that it's de rigeur for Flybaby to sleep 10 hours or less, plus it almost always seems I can't do anything to make him happy. (I could have whined about how I don't have time to do anything for myself, including and especially reading blogs, but I don't think he would have cared.) The doctor told me to double his current dosage of acid reflux medicine to see how that goes. I just hope and pray something will help him out, because Flybaby just seems miserable no matter what I do for him....

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm busy tomorrow but great idea! Rylan's had about the same amount of sleep. I'm feeling your pain. F*CKING TEETH!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

You poor dear, I hope that the medication change helps him sleep better. It is hard to deal with a cranky child when you are short on sleep.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Brandie said...

((((dameslfly and flybaby))))
I'm sorry he was so upset and things are rough. I will pray that something happens to help him and you. I have two children who were like that as babies. Sadly, we just had to wait until they grew out of it. My 19-month old is still on the whiny, crabby, doesn't sleep a lot side of things, but it does get better with age in my experience. I hope you find a similar thing. For me, one year always marked a turn around of things.

Anyway, I too will not be at the blogher conference either. I'm kind of jealous of all those going LOL!

1:30 AM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Nothing sadder (or more frustrating) than a cranky baby. We had Grouchy. She was a bundle of joy until about 4pm, then all hell broke loose. This went on for months and months and months.

She's 7 now (almost 8, she'll quickly remind you) and she's absolutely wonderful, albeit a teensy bit sensitive.

I hope if Flybaby's problem IS physical, that you'll find the solution quickly. Either way, I'm praying for God to bless you with rest and with a cal and peaceful spirit.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you enjoying motherhood? :-) I have a friend who's a first time mom. Whenever she feels desperate about putting her baby to sleep, I always suggest a few drops of whisky in his bottle. :) Not sure she's taken that advice yet. Hmmm...

Joy
The Goddess In You

11:22 AM  
Blogger Mama's Moon said...

Wish I could visit and chat with you and the others but the mountain of boxes I've yet to unpack is growing close to scary-level!! Gah! If I'd known about attending BlogHer in 2nd Life I'd have scheduled our move for later in the month!!!

Happy Friday!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Wouldn't it be fun to go to that conference!!

2:53 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

I just found your blog through OhAmanda! I love it. And that button is so funny. It seemed like so many people were chatting that conference up and I was kind of getting tired of it.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home