Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Big and fluffy

What I'd wear today if I could: big, fluffy-looking boots sort of like these by Tecnica, found at Nordstrom. When I was at Disney, some of the smartest-dressed women I saw were wearing foot- and leg-swallowing boots. I think it made their legs look thinner because the boots looked so big by comparison. Because I live where it's warm, I don't really have much of a need for footwear that takes over the lower fifth of my body. But I just love the idea of thinner-looking legs. And the fluffy stuff is just so irresistible. So, sigh, boots like these would be completely impractical for me about 49 or 50 weeks out of the year.

And so would these boots by The North Face:



If you have a pair of boots like these, please tell me they itch. Or they're impossible to clean. Or your dog likes to chew them, or they smell after a while, or the fluffy stuff falls off, or they're really uncomfortable and make you walk like a plow jockey (not that I hold anything against plow jockeys). And I'll really, really try to believe you. I have to get my mind off these boots somehow . . . .

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

They are cute, and also all the rage here in NY. I think the women here wear them more for a fashion statement than to stay warm, though.

8:35 AM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I really like the way those boots look, but I don't know how to wear them. Pants in, pants out. It's far too much for me to think about.

9:24 AM  
Blogger ames said...

Oooooooh, yummy. I love me a good pair of mukluks in the winter, in fact I've been lovin' them since before all those high-fashion ladies discovered them. But their legs look skinnier than mine.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Maybe it's just because my legs are a little on the short side, but boots like that have always had the opposite effect on me. I once coveted a similar pair, but I've come to realize that there are just some things I can't pull off! Sniff, sniff.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Jen S. said...

Since your hubby likes to keep your house so cold, you could wear them at home year-round! ;)

2:41 PM  
Blogger The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Those are so dang cute!! But does that mean I'd have to wear skinny jeans with them? I am having such a hard time grasping that trend! Dang 80's ruined me!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Very cute. I can't help but feel like they would be more appropriate where I live, than where you are?? ;)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I have a pair. I love them. And they are quite appropriate in Utah weather. Yea! I probably don't look the least bit trendy in them though. But I pretend I do. :)

10:58 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I have a pair similar to the North Face ones, only more strappy, less fluffy. I wish I had seen this post before I bought them because, although they look great with jeans tucked in, they are only warm enough for scooting around town in my car. They are not particularly warm. Oh, and my imaginary dog loves to chew them! ;)

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo those are so cute! I need a good pair of warm boots. These seems a little hard to get on quickly though. When dressing three for outdoors in winter in Canada speed is key.

1:39 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

oh i sooo want some of these!!

i don't really need them, but i secretly do have a crush on them!

5:52 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Mine are SO less fashionable but very warm. Wore them shopping today. Yes, I did.

Like the second pair, but they look like an awful lot of effort to get on. I like zippers...

8:01 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I don't know. I'd have to see them "on." They look rather "caveman-ish" to me. I think I'd prefer something more feminine.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home