Wednesday, April 08, 2009

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Bright sweaters

What I'd wear today if I could: a bright sweater like maybe this starfish sweater from Boston Proper. I love me some sea creature motifs. (My friend Missy went to Cancun a few weeks ago and brought me back a silver turtle pendant. Sweet!) It's been cool here the past couple of days, and it's likely my last chance to break out my measly stash of sweaters (which don't fit me anymore anyway) for the next eight months.

Except the lines on this sweater are going the wrong way.

I avoid horizontal stripes.

So BP has this other bright sweater:



Ah, bueno! The stripes are going the right way.

- - - - -

After almost two and a half years of faithfully posting What I'd Wear Wednesday, I think I will take a break. If I feel inspired, I'll post, but maybe just not every week. If you'd like to guest post, please let me know.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous chelle said...

Ooo those sweaters are cute and springy!

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the red one for sure. Not too fond of the starfish motif myself, but I AM a fan of turtles and am jealous of your silver turtle necklace ;)

8:28 AM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

You know, when you're a size ZERO with boobs out past your nose, you're gonna look good in any stripes.

ANYWAY.

You won the Sweet Tomatoes giveaway!
Email me the name and address you'd like the certificate to be mailed to!

:)

9:27 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

LOVE that second one!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Jen S. said...

Horizontal stripes should be outlawed.

Especially in maternity wear. I remember being amazed at the selection of maternity shirts featuring horizontal stripes.

Why?

9:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Stripes. Haven't worn 'em since Junior High. Probably should not have done it back then, either. :-)

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

I'm with you on the "avoiding horizontal stripes" thing. Why is it that so many clothes companies still insist on the "horizontals"? I much prefer "verticals," but they're surprisingly hard to come by.

P.S. I will miss your weekly WIWW column, but I understand your need for a break. If I think of an idea for a guest post, I'll be sure to let you know.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

I soooooo want the orange sweater. Stripes are lovely and slimming and the color??? To. Die. For.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home