Monday, November 26, 2007

One night stand

Kim at In Full Bloom asked what is on my nightstand. Because there are only a few days left of NaBloPoMo and I am putting off important posts due to fatigue and stress, I figured, "Hey! Great easy post!"

At least you know this up front.



Mostly, you see lots of books and a couple magazines. There are also the ugliest alarm clock ever, mixed in with my pretty lamp, JP's senior-year high school photo (when I was his girlfriend) and a picture of me holding Fly about this time last year.

What are those things under my stuff, you ask?



Postcards from family and friends from Holland; Melbourne, Australia; Germany; the Virgin Islands; Maine; and other places I may never visit myself. JP has other postcards in our collection on his dresser top.

Want to play along? (Remember, easy post!)

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine is empty - fell over last night due to the incredible weight of the stack of books on the top - looks fabulous now, just like Home's and Gardens magazines, a beautiful clear surface. Carpet doesn't look so good though.
Cheers

8:05 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I've been avoiding this one...my night stand is a disaster!

8:39 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

This does look like an easy post. For some reason my brain just can't put together anything else today. I might do this tomorrow.

I like your postcards!

9:53 PM  
Blogger josetteplank.com said...

Too bad you don't have any books on your nightstand.

;-)

(Looks like mine.)

10:57 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

I have that same lamp! I'm doing this post so you can see...

11:00 PM  
Blogger Alex Elliot said...

I don't even know what's on my nightstand! Tons and tons of books.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Wow -- that is almost an exact replica of mine!

I also have stacks of books and magazines, as well as a few random photos. Oh, and scraps of paper on which I've jotted thoughts as they occurred to me.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

It looks like mine.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

It looks a lot like mine! Lots of books stacked up :)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Just so you know, I have the ugliest alarm clock ever, actually it belongs to Husband...I think I am going to drop it repeatedly when we move;)

5:43 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

I LOVE the book pile pedestal for the ugly clock.

I don't have a night stand. Weird, eh?

6:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I need to take a picture of mine vs. my hubby's. I have a ton of crap that gets dumped there and his consists of his alarm clock and lamp. :-)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I loved reading about (and seeing) this little slice of your life, and it's adorable that you have JP's HS photo on your night stand. I could take a picture of mine, but there would be no actual night stand surface in the picture. ;)

4:03 PM  
Blogger a woman who is said...

Late on this post BUT I am so glad I found it. Seriously thought my night stand was the only one that looked like that. I feel so much better. I really thought everybody else’s looked like Better Homes and Gardens. I have another secret, the floor by my bed, looks worse...oophs.

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home