Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Simple and cool

What I'd wear today if I could (and I probably will): clothes for near-100-degree weather! My summer uniform is basically a simple tank top in a vibrant color like this one from Gap (with plenty of sunscreen on my arms and freckle-dotted shoulders, of course) and a pair of shorts. Sometimes, I wear a basic white tank too.

And I'd pair it with my current favorite bottom -- um, you know what I mean -- a pair of slim-fit long shorts, like these, also from the Gap:



When you're carrying a 30-pound toddler who also is sweating in the heat, a mama's got to stay cool!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

my summer wardrobe as well.

i even have the same freckle-dotted shoulders :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Very cute! It's 50 degrees here!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I would wear a hat and mitts today, if I hadn't packed them away already. It's freaking freezing in Ontario right now. And I'm furious about it.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo I love that green!

It is wet and cool here, no shorts yet!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I'm off the The Gap, then... I've been DYING for a pair of shorts like that!!!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Stay cool and look cool - sheesh!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Yep, that's what I wear!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Stunning!
My kind of outfit.

8:22 PM  
Blogger the mama bird diaries said...

I've been seeing a lot short shorts in the stores now and I'm thinking, no way. I'll stick with my long, slim shorts.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Brandie said...

Cute outfit .. but I'd look TERRIBLE in those shorts. I'm jealous of anyone who can pull them off! LOL

10:30 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

I love tanks! Even with my flabby arms, cuz as you said, "A mama's got to stay cool!"

10:54 PM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

I love both, but couldn't carry off the shorts in white -- which only emphasizes my most impressive (as in huge) feature.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home