Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Romantic

What I'd wear today if I could: something romantic. I know Valentine's Day isn't for a few weeks yet, but it's getting to me. It does every year. For some reason, seeing hearts and lace everywhere remind me of Valentine's Days of my childhood when there would be a party at school and everyone got Valentine cards in their specially decorated boxes attached to their desks, and cupcakes to eat. (And I try to block out the year a friend and I were mobbed on our way home from school by older kids who threatened to pull down our pants on the street if we didn't give them our bags of Valentines and treats.) It's just a fun time of year.

And it gets me daydreaming about wearing romantic clothes, too, like this ruffly tee:



I bet crafty folks could turn a plain T-shirt and some lace into a creation like this.

Or this subtly printed blouse:



The pleating just above the tummy area looks so forgiving.

Or even this super-girly-swirly paisley top:



And it looks comfortable too.

There was a great skirt I saw at the mall I wanted to share with you, as well, but I couldn't find a picture of it online. Just know that it was a dream.

The tough thing about all this is, it's going to be the coldest day of winter here, and I'll be sporting fleece.

What do you like to wear when you want to dress romantic?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

You can never go wrong with a pretty, flirty top. Nice picks!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

Very feminine & pretty! I guess mainly, I try to wear something that makes me feel skinny.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo I like the last one the best!
If I weren't so tired i think I would feel a little more romantic!

1:52 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

loving the romantic look - just wish i had a reason to wear it.

staying at home doesn't really lend itself to romantic wear :)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Angela Kruck said...

Can't think of the last time I dressed (or tried to be) romantic! My husband keeps buying me pajamas in hopes I'll retire the red sweatpants (that I had to sew the hole in the rear - and I can't sew so it's white thread) and grey t-shirt (sometimes alternated with a blue one) that I've been sleeping in the past 5 years! (Did I just admit that!!!???)
But I do love all three of your picks :)

3:05 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Seriously rawr!

11:02 PM  
Blogger mollie said...

I'd wear some hawwwt jeans and a flowy pretty top. Not the 1st...but love the others...

You are preggers are look glowy and pretty and romantic in EVERYTHING!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

I love that paisley top - especially the colors...

11:30 PM  
Blogger mollie said...

...by the way..can I blogroll you?

Now THATS romantic, eh?!?

11:32 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Anything in red.

There's just something about that color that screams romance.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home