Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Wedding-guest wear

Today's What I'd Wear Wednesday comes from Lane at Mommylog, who just had a baby two months ago. (Check out the Bustin' out Babies list!). She shows you can be a new mom and have great style.

- - - - -

I will be attending a wedding in Charleston, S.C. coming up in a week and half. We live in Minnesota and this is my first trip with 2 kids in tow. I am trying to think simple and polished. I have been looking at dresses, that travel well and I can easily nurse my 8 week old baby gal in. The wedding is taking place on a Friday night. I think black or navy would work for the occasion. Here is what I have found thus far.



This dress from Macy's seems like a good pick, it should cover up my "problem areas" and still is hip.



Dress by Shabby Apple. I love everything Shabby Apple! If you have not checked out their site or looks you are missing out. This dress is one of my favorites and called the tuxedo dress seems like a perfect pick for a special event.



Finally, because I really want a maxi dress, I had to find a cute one to possibly wear to the wedding. It is from forever 21.



In reality, I will end up wearing some pants and a cute top that I can lift up. I am in love with this ruffle top. I think it will be the best option for the circumstances.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a big fan of Shappy Apple, too. In fact, you've reminded me I should go over there and check out their spring collection!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Cassie said...

I really like that first dress. I need to start shopping for a wedding that's coming up next month...thanks for the ideas :)

8:12 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

I love the first one. Really cute.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous much more than a mom said...

You have WAY cooler stores than us. Have a fun trip and good luck!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Never heard of Shabby Apple, but that halter looks like it could work for maternity - somewhat...

11:08 AM  
Anonymous chelle said...

Love the dress from the Shabby Apple!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Finding a dress to nurse in is tough. I usually end up wearing a top and a skirt. Cute picks though!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

oooo ooooo ooooo - - - the little black dress with the red heels - - - I LIKE. Of course, I no longer am thin - - - but SHE looks GREAT in that outfit.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

I love all of them!

I have been flirting with the idea of a maxi-dress because they look so great on some people - I'm just not sure I can pull it off...

11:50 AM  
Blogger the mama bird diaries said...

I vote for the Macy's dress but they are all very cute.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home