Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What I'd Wear Wednesday: No waist

What I'd wear today if I could: Well, maybe just my robe. But I can't really go out in public like that.

The past few days, I have been feeling like a big lump. My baby bump is starting to pop. Clothes are getting tighter. My entire midsection feels huge. I guess I've forgotten what it feels like to be pregnant.

In any case, I'd like to wear something that avoids my lower torso. What I mean is, it would be nice to wear something without a waistband. And because I don't really look pregnant yet -- I just look like a person who overindulged during the holidays and needs all the gym memberships that are being advertised this month -- it would be great if my clothes could do something graceful with my tummy.

Like maybe this dress from Ann Taylor Loft:



Or this one:



Or this dress from Old Navy, which also comes in dark blue or black:



Is a little comfort too much for a mama to ask? I say no.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger CaraBee said...

Those are all very, very cute. I'm wishing right now that I were somewhere that I could actually wear something like that. After yesterday's uber-beautiful snow came today's ugly snow plows and even uglier ice storm. No fun.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh, adorable. I would wear all of them, especially the Old Navy one, for the entire summer :]

8:19 PM  
Blogger Kirsetin Morello said...

I'm going to see if I can find these! (while I dream of summer...)

8:39 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

I like the black one and the green one is really cute.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

I'm all for comfort - especially cute comfort!

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need all of them, like stat. Clothing and surgery incision are not friends. loose dresses = love

1:01 AM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Cute and comfortable--exactly what a pregnant mommy needs!

1:03 AM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Black - RAWR!

1:18 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Love that third one the best. And yes, I can totally relate. For most of my last pregnancy, all I wanted to wear was a gigantic sheet drapped over my huge body, but I'd wager a guess that you're a whole lot cuter right now than I was! Are you posting belly shots? I can't remember if you did this while pregnant with Fly or not.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

I've been thinking for awhile now that I really must start wearing more dresses. There's a load of cute ones out there, but I'm such a wuss.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so cold ... those dresses look so inviting in a few months!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You said: "The past few days, I have been feeling like a big lump."

Oh, how I relate to that at 33 (almost 34) weeks pregnant! I feel SO big these days and I can't wait to be "normal-sized" again.

I love the dresses you chose, by the way...especially the middle one. Where is that from?

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home