Wednesday, April 01, 2009

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Chain halter

What I'd wear today if I could: a chain halter top like maybe this one from Michael Michael Kors, found at Macy's. It was hot today. In fact, Fly got hurt briefly by the metal buckle of his car seat because it was so hot.

I walked through Macy's this week (note: that is different from saying I shopped there, or I went to the store on purpose, because really I just had to pick up something at the mall really quick and the parking was good at Macy's, and besides the salespeople kind of hate us because Fly takes advantage of the store's good acoustics and high ceilings by squealing loudly), and I noticed a green-and-white-print chain halter on display near the front of the store. The top looked kind of loose, and I wondered if a large size would fit me.

I stopped at the wondering.

But the chain makes the simple shape of the halter interesting, and sort of acts like jewelry too, don't you think?

Here's another chain halter I found, by Milly, at Bloomingdale's (I think).



These tops are likely meant to be dressy-casual chic -- and for sure they have more style oomph than a regular tank top -- but I'd still wear them with shorts and sandals and just go on with my day.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous chelle said...

Those are totally cute ... being we still have snow I can totally picture one under a cardigan :)

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're cute.. but when I was like 15, halter top swimsuits were just coming in to style. I went to TJ Maxx with my mom and picked one out that I LOVED... tried it on... she told me it made my boobs look small!! So now I avoid halter tops forever, since that scarred me.

sigh! poor mommy ;)

6:52 AM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Those are so cute! They'd be perfect with shorts and sandals on a hot day.

9:20 AM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

What is nice about those tops is that you could pair them with shorts for a casual outing or a skirt for a nice dinner.

11:04 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

i wish i was cool enough for one of these. pretty sure i have the wrong shoulders :(

12:53 PM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

Those do look sweet - can't wait until it's warm enough to wear something like that...

6:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Never in a million years could I pull that off. Mostly because I don't wear sleeveless but also because it just wouldn't look good! :-)

10:56 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

They look so cool and comfy, but I wouldn't wear one. I need a bra or I feel naked!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Those models look great in those.. me? not so much, I fear ;)

11:11 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

I love how comfortable they look, and yet dressy.

Hope you're feeling better. Darn colds do last forever.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

These are cute. I've always liked tops like this b/c they're not as skimpy and low cut as some other items out on the market.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Ooh.. that orange one looks fab, I'd love one of those. I actually have an orange one of these (can't think what they're called now) and I never wear it because it looks too dressy up for me!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home