Wednesday, May 06, 2009

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Stylish but lazy

What I'd wear today if I could: these scrumptious tie-dye sandals from Victoria's Secret.

I haven't had the time, desire or inclination to go looking for any fashion goodies lately. I am lazy. But when catalogs keep coming in the mail, I still can't tear my eyes away. Even when I know I won't be able to wear most of the stuff for months.

However, I have found myself staring at these shoes probably a dozen times. They make me crave rainbow sherbet. And I hate sherbet. With a four-inch heel, they're a bit out of my comfort zone right now. Priced at $125, they're also out of my budget. I wouldn't spend this much on a pair of shoes ... but a mama can dream.

The same VS catalog also had this tasty-looking tee:



I love everything about it: the spicy color, the fun studs, the perfect pleating, the loose sleeves and especially the loose middle. With about six weeks of pregnancy left, I am all about a loose middle (and actually will have a loose middle. Abs of steel? Right!)

The fun Alloy catalog also arrived and had me looking over these:



I could actually wear these seashell sandals. And they're $30.



The three-tier look of this necklace is so fun. It's the kind of jangly thing I couldn't possibly wear once the baby can start grabbing things like jewelry and hair ... I guess I figure it would be cool to wear something like this now while I can.

So even though I am lazy and -- ahem -- living large, it's fun to window shop.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

OK, those TALL spiky sandals I could put ON my foot and just sit there, but if I stood up - - - um - - - let's just say THAT wouldn't last long.

The flat sandals look much more comfortable, and I'm old enough to go for comfortable.

4:26 AM  
Anonymous Tatiana @ averygoodyear said...

Love it all! The flat sandals look like a flip flop + ankle bracelet, which is sooo cute.

6:19 AM  
Anonymous chelle said...

I am so not a high heel girl anymore. They are just not practical at the playground!

6:35 AM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

Sadly, I find myself far more often looking at shoes for practicality than beauty, so I would definitely go for the white sandals, which have both. Very cute!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

I lurve the sandles!!!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Would never wear the top shoes (I'm too tall as it is!) but the rest of the stuff? I'd love.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I marvel at women who can wear heels like that...comfortably. So cute but so painful for me!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Very stylin' I could pull off the shirt and the necklace but people would laugh at my trying to walk in those first shoes ;)

11:24 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

The seashell sandals are to die for!!! Since I got pregnant with Levi, I haven't been able to wear heels larger than about an inch, so I try not to even look at them. But cute flats can be hard to find. These are fabulous!!!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home