Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What I'd Wear Wednesday

What I'd wear today if I could: a black vest, like maybe this one from Urban Outfitters.

Seems like every fall, I get the urge to wear a black menswear-type vest. And yet I don't ever do it. Oh, I have a navy vest, somewhere, made out of that gross old kind of heavy polyester. And I have a black suede vest that was given to me as a gift years ago -- but it's not fitted and makes me look like a lump. Maybe this will be the fall I actually get hold of a fitted black vest.

It's really versatile. On warm days, you can wear it like the model. I had dreams, though, of wearing it with a crisp white shirt. The black vest just says fall to me.

What item of clothing (or accessory) says fall to you?

(Update: Check it out! Someone came to this page from the Wall Street Journal Web site, of all places, because of a little feature toward the bottom that says, "Blog posts on this topic." And there I am! All because I mentioned "menswear" and "vest," I'm sure....)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

My favorite sweater says "fall" to me. I wore it once because I just HAD to, but I died of heat exhaustion. (I am a ghost writer. lol!)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Boots!

3:49 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

I love my new hoodie zip up sweater. It's white and I wear it all the time. Over everything.

7:40 PM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Dude! Are vests coming back? I have a freaking closet full of vests. I used to ROCK the vest.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

How come models always make everything look so good? I'm not sure if I can go back to the vest, although I like the look.

12:11 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

The Wall Street Journal??!!!

Excse me...I need to go to my blog and talk about menswear!

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home