Sunday, January 13, 2008

A first on this blog! Cocodoodles

These are cocodoodles. They aren't snickerdoodles because they're made with cocoa. And they aren't labradoodles because that's a dog (but just as fun to say). They're cocodoodles.

About 6.7 minutes after I came home from the supermarket today, I heard JP tell Fly, "Darn! I forgot to tell your mom I wanted some cookies." (Nice hint, eh?)

To JP, the only kind of cookie that exists is a chocolate chip cookie. But this house hadn't seen chocolate chips since....

However, I knew we had cocoa, so I pulled out the basic things that go into cookies and made these dark little beauties.

JP approved.

So if you make these cookies and enjoy them, that's my story. But if these cookies poison your whole family, well, then, I got the recipe from some old 1970s fundraiser cookbook. And if you make them and people go wild for them -- donations via PayPal are accepted!

Damselfly's Cocodoodles

1 stick of butter, softened
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup cocoa (I used Hershey's dark chocolate cocoa)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.

Cream the butter and sugar together. Then add the egg and mix it until it's creamy. (Add some vanilla if that floats your boat.) Blend the flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa together, and slowly add it to the butter mixture, beating it well.

Roll the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and put them on the cookie sheet, fitting about one dozen on the sheet at a time.

Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes.

This cookie recipe should make about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

If you're at a high elevation, I can't help you out because that whole elevation/baking thing mystifies me!

I think these cookies would be even better dipped in chocolate, or maybe even frosted.

But anyway, these are easy, chocolate cookies to make -- no chocolate chips required!

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Those look absolutely delicious!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Now I'm drooling and mad because my oven is currently busted.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

Yum - I might just try those - thanks for sharing.

10:11 PM  
Blogger theotherbear said...

Gee you are nice. I would have told my hubby to get his own :)

10:34 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

Those look tasty!

10:40 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Hey, hey! Today is a housebound winter storm day. Perfect for any and all things chocolate!

Thanks for the tip.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Drool. All over my desk.

12:01 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

Oh my! FROSTED, too? I want some NOW.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Betty Crocker has nothing on you!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

Snort. Labradoodles! Ha!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Dayngr said...

Damn! When I got here someone had eaten the photo. No fair!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I am a BIG fan of all things cookie. Those look divine.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Those sound YUMMY!!

9:28 PM  
Blogger ♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

try them with cream cheese....YUMMMY

but YUMMY recipe none the less! ;o)

4:53 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Oh man that looks good!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Sweetpeas said...

Oh yum! I think we need a baking lesson in homeschool this week . . .

(TJ Maxx gift card)

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home