Wednesday, April 09, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Plaid for a plaid-o-phobe

What I'd wear today if I could: this darling skirt by Free People. I know, I know, I keep bringing Free People stuff to this blog. I can't help it.

Let me first say I am not a big fan of plaid. I bet I couldn't find a single thing in my closet that is plaid. Oh, wait -- I have a kilt-like skirt I like to wear around Christmastime. I think that's it.

But this skirt is great for plaid-o-phobes like me because you get the plaid in a small dose. It just adds a little interest, a little pop of color as some people like to say. And maybe the plaid would hide stains, which I'm finding are getting harder to avoid as Fly gets older.

Besides the plaid, this skirt has a fun shape, and you could wear it with a lot of colors. Me, I think I'd wear it with a simple tee. With flip-flops, it would look beachy, and with sandals and a button-front shirt layered over the tee, it would be superb casual cool.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Mayberry said...

That's adorable! My son got some extremely cute plaid duds for his birthday. Now, he's three ... but it did remind me how fab plaid can be.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

It's cute...It's hard to imagine it will ever warm up enough to wear it!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Very cute. I like plaid, but I own none.

7:57 AM  
Blogger the mama bird diaries said...

adorable. fun + flirty. way cute.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I just love skirts! Espesally in the summer with a cute white top and fun flip flops....I always love that!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I LOVE it!

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so super cute I think I might try to make something like that!!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Must. Have.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

That is so stinkin' cute! I am so excited to shop again once the babe comes out :)

7:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't remember the last time I wore plaid but I LOVE this skirt. And how is it I've never heard of Free People? GREAT tip!

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WEEEEEE! It is almost weather to wear skirts!! I like this one! Too cute!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

It is a cute skirt. I do like how the plaid is in small boxes and not the entire skirt. Wearing it with a simple tee and flip flops would look darling.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

I LOVE that skirt - it's totally my style!

BTW - I finally added you to my blogroll!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home