Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: T-shirt dress

What I'd wear today if I could: a simple T-shirt dress.

Except it's really not that simple.

Six full months of hot, rainy weather -- also known as hurricane season around these parts -- stretch out in front of me like a sentence, and a T-shirt dress seems to me today to be a great answer. It's easy (slip it over your head and add shoes) and cooling.

However, I couldn't find a decent T-shirt dress photo to post here. The T-shirt dresses I found were too short, had illustrations of wildlife on them (what's up with that?), were too tight or too loose. The famous Victoria's Secret T-shirt dress has snaps down the front, which, well, that's not really a T-shirt anymore, is it? The image I did post here -- no model, no frills, you can use your imagination -- was taken from a UK site that indicated two sizes were already sold out on this dress.

I say British women have the right idea, if this dress is selling out.

Anyway, am I hopelessly out of touch, wanting a T-shirt dress? Have these dresses been relegated only to be beach coverups these days?

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

It looks comfy to me, I'd wear it!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I'm no fashion princess (as you know), but I've seen women wearing these, and they look so comfortable, so I say go for it.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I very nearly bought something like this at Target today, although it was specifically for the purpose of a swimsuit cover-up.

2:37 PM  
Blogger jodifur said...

It's not a t shirt dress, but it's close, and it's on sale! check it out-

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=15292&pid=400634&scid=400634042

5:47 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I'm not sure what the status of the t-shirt dress is. I'm not sure if I could pull one off. I do love the idea of being cool and comfortable through the summer months.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

They look incredibly appealing. My only concern is the cling factor. (Certain parts of my body invite clinging, sadly.)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

Ooooh ... if that dress was on a rack, I'd nab it!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I LOVE tee shirt dresses, but need them a bit longer, too. I remember getting some back when NY & Co was "Lerner NY" ... anyone remember that or am I really old?

Steph

9:41 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

looks cummmmmfy :)

12:51 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

definitely looks comfy!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

A t-shirt dress, what's not to love. Soft, cool and requires no ironing. I think I've seen them sold at Lands' End.

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm I wonder if it would be difficult to sew a t-shirt dress .....

1:56 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

i puffy heart t-shirt dresses :)

10:10 AM  
Blogger LBA said...

I say beach cover-up. You'd have to be pretty special to pull off this I think ( think: Heidi Klum )

Me, i'm short with boobs and cankles.
I quite like my figure, but something like this ALWAYS looks HIDEOUS on me.

Pass.

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home