Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: A complete outfit

What I'd wear today if I could: A whole, coordinated, complete, accessorized, pulled-together outfit. Do you know how hard this is to do when you have a small person alternately whining, pushing your knees in from behind, finding the cabinets you never got around to putting a lock on and pulling everything out, splashing in the cat's water dish, shredding the toilet paper and ... you get the idea, and I'm sure you do know how hard it is. There are many days I am lucky to have a top and a bottom that matches, never mind trying to figure out my shoes or change jewelry. Fly will be two years old in a couple of weeks, and he is just now getting to the point where he can entertain himself long enough for me to (once in a while, maybe on a Saturday, if he's playing with anything that has wheels) rummage through my stash of earrings and actually switch out my earrings for a change. Weeks used to go by before I would change earrings; I'd even sleep in them because I just couldn't find the time to take them out. Now I have a little more time and can make more of an effort. Of course, I also have become more efficient in getting ready over the past two years. I suppose most moms do.

If you're still with me after all this rambling, my post isn't about a single item that I would wear today. I heard about this site, Polyvore, where you can create collages of images found online to assemble outfits, interior design looks or other pictures just for fun (like this butterfly martini I found there). I just thought it sounded fun and played around with assembling an outfit, which I posted above. Everything there is from eBay.

This is more fun than actually getting dressed!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

honey you look simply adorable today - from head to toe!! you are the whole package :)

8:44 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I'm loving this. I have a necklace just like that, and silver shoes. Now all I need is that cute bag & dress!

Steph

8:48 AM  
Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

Guess what I am going to be doing today while I am supposed to be working????

8:58 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Oh do I know where you are coming from:)

9:24 AM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

Cute outfit!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Oh, I so know what you mean! I haven't changed earrings in months. No lie!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Munchkins and Music said...

So cute! Love it!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought it would be so cool to have a computerized closet organization system. But i am a geek. hehe

I always wear the same jewelry I try to change my necklace every so often :) Earrings are the same as the day after I was married, they were a gift from my husband.

11:58 AM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I'm right there with you on the jewelry. I have a whole box full of sparklies that I never wear anymore because the baby attacks them. I long for the day when I can wear a necklace again. That outfit is super cute, btw!

12:15 PM  
Blogger the mama bird diaries said...

i wear the exact same earrings every single day. since having kids, my getting ready routine is ridiculously shorter.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

How fun, it's paper dolls for grown ups. Although my mom still plays with paper dolls and has a blast.

7:04 PM  
Blogger jodifur said...

I have that coach bag, I love it. I'm sad summer is almosgt over and I'll have to ditch it soon.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Jenn (Life's Sweet Melody) said...

Sounds like a fun program. I'd love to dream without having to buy!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Very cute. I remember what a coordinated outfit used to look like...I think. ;)

7:54 AM  
Blogger White Hot Magik said...

Very cool. Could you dress me? Seriously I need help.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home