Tuesday, July 24, 2007

BlogHer-nia, or, Anyone ~not~ going to BlogHer

For you seven other mom bloggers who aren't go to the BlogHer conference in Chicago that starts later this week, well, feel free to join my ho-hum crusade with this "anti" button for your site:



Reasons I should be going to BlogHer:

1. I have family in the Chicago area. Not close enough to stay with them overnight, which is a good thing, because part of BlogHer is hanging out with your new gal pals. Having family nearby is just a good excuse.

2. I have an actual, real, Web site related to my book that has a blog and everything, and BlogHer could help me do a better job with that. And yes, I'm keeping it a secret.

3. I could really use a break, and I haven't been to Chicago in 23 years!

But I'm not going. And if you're not going, either, why don't we all meet in a chat room and discuss why we aren't going? Or how we're going to (or not going to) improve our blogs? Hey, I'm a Gen-Xer -- we brought slacking to a whole new level. We can share tips, drink virtual lattes and be the anti crowd. The eight of us can have a grand non-time. We can not-have speakers, not-have panels, not-have tracks to follow, not-have name badges!

I'm serious!

Who's with me?

PS: See that iBakeSale button on the right? If you haven't already, please click on it and sign up for your fast, free iBakeSale account. Just by signing up and shopping at online stores you probably already shop at, you could be earning money for your favorite charity -- or even get that cashback goodness for yourself! Hey, I won't judge....

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you! I'm too much of a newbie to actually go (at least I feel that way)...so a NOT-conference sounds great! Will you be our not-keynote speaker?

11:57 AM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

Sure! Er, not-sure? Anti-sure? Hmm.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have another website about your book and you're not sharing??

12:23 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I am not going either. Just tell me what char room and what time and I might be able to be there if I don't have anything better to do. lol

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not going here either. I already took a family vacation this year, and just got back from meeting 2 of my best buds across the continent, so I knew that blogher was a no-go.

But I'll surely join a group that is sitting on their asses talking about it!

Let me know where and when! I'll bring the virtual long island iced teas!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Me too, or me not-too as the case might be. I am unwilling to leave my girls and my husband owns his own business so it was a no go. But-oh-my-god-you-can't-drop-an-I've-got-a-book-bomb-like-that. Especially to us BlogNoHers! What gives!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I'm not going to BlogHer and 1. I live an hour away 2. I had a free pass!

I am going to a little dinner with some BlogHer attendees on Thurs night tho. Still doesn't count!

Steph

4:55 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Alas, while I would love to go to BlogHer, I am not.

But, I am curious about your site for your book. Please tell us, so then we can buy it and make you rich and famous!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Can I have a non-conference ticket, please? Oh and.. I'd like to read your book, you should share...

7:29 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Give up the website about the book. Your readers want to know. Okay seriously...I'm very curious.

I didn't even know about the conference.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So not going. Not really my thing, although after reading last years posts it sounds like fun.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Erin M said...

I say we throw an I aint going to blogher party

Preserve sent me tooth brushes, maybe I'll give those away this weekend

11:10 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

BlogHer on again, hey ?

I was right into it last year, living through other people's blogs, but they've mainly dropped off my radar.

The whole thing would be fun if it were *just a meet-up*, but the fact they have serious speakers and take notes ... hmm ... I blog for fun.

It would be hard if you read all the blogs though and lived in America - it would be tempting, no doubt...

5:20 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Count me in! Let's meet up and share tips and ideas for improving our blogs.

Can't wait...

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee Hee. Your badge cracked me up. I'm not going because I'm too new at this and too broke but, hey, maybe one day. I've never been to Chicago.

6:07 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

I ain't goin' and no one can make me! Aaaarrrrrrr!

(Thanks for the banner. It's so fun to be a dissident!)

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home