Monday, July 23, 2007

You can't have any pudding until you've finished ... aw, never mind!

Summer means strawberry shortcake. Mmm....

I was lucky weak enough to get a small strawberry shortcake cake at the bakery and was enjoying it after lunch when I thought I'd see if Flybaby would like a tiny morsel (without the strawberry on it).

I truly, truly wish I'd had my camera ready. But I don't have a photo of the pinched, sour face Fly made while he spit out the nibble of sponge cake.

What are we going to do in a couple months when everyone wants to watch him eat his birthday cake?!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hee hee!

Bridget wouldn't touch her birthday cake - not one. single. bite. And this was just a couple of weeks ago when she turned two. Chocolate cake! It was insane, I tell ya!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tell him to take notes from Bode. He's an overachiever in that arena. :-)

9:20 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Mmm, strawberry shortcake!!! Sounds YUMMY! (Fly doesn't know what he's missing!)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

How funny. Maybe he's a chocolate fan?

PS: I can't believe he (and Isabella) are almost one year old!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Aw! I made my daughter a cake and arranged bits of her favorite fruits around it in bright rings. It was gorgeous, as were the puffy dollops of whipped cream. They just want to see him get gooey, you can manage that!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Ice Cream Cake!!! My kids loved those.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

My daughter just played with her first piece of cake...
Those days are long gone!!!
She has acquired a taste for cake...

9:34 AM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

My daughter wanted nothing to do with her first birthday cake. But you'd never know that now!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

I didn't think my daughter would eat her cupcake at her first birthday because she had never had sweets.

Nope! She devoured the entire cupcake. The only proof that it ever existed was the frosting between her fingers and on her cheeks.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home