Wednesday, April 02, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Silk vs. snot

What I'd wear today if I could: something different like this silk tunic by Laundry by Design. I wouldn't wear it as a dress, though, but a top over jeans. I hardly ever wear blue, but I dig navy.

See, I get a little tired of cotton T-shirts. Sometimes I wear a wrap top or, like today, a button-front shirt (with my camo sneakers!). So when I saw this silk top, I melted. Can't a mama wear silk?

But here's the thing. Have you ever seen a slug and the trail it leaves behind as it moves? Fly has been leaving a trail on my shoulders (and JP's). The poor boy's nose has a leak. You don't have to be a rocket surgeon (as JP would say) to know snot trails and silk don't mix.

But maybe it's not so much a fabric thing as it is a color thing? For example, would the snot look less noticeable on a white shirt, whether that white shirt is cotton or silk?

Only a mama would ask.

Who am I kidding? Sigh, this is not a shirt to wear around a toddler....

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Awesome Mom said...

Lol! Some days I look like I have been run over by a herd of slugs. The boys are finally getting the concept of tissues for this cold, so my clothing has been spared the indignity of being used to wipe snot.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Snot trails...too funny. Pretty dress, but I agree it would look great with jeans.

2:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snot trails and greasy hand marks that would never come off! Beautiful dress for a child free zone.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My kid would be lifting up that short skirt every chance they got. But a mama can always dream, can't she??!!!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

With me it's more the issue of snags than smears. Sigh. Whole lot of cotton and lycra.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

It's a beautiful dress - but definitely would not hide those lovely snot trails!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

God that dress makes me yearn for the days when I could do it justice!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

The snot would leave a nice, shiny sheen across the top of the shirt, I would think!

11:23 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

it is a very lovely dress but you are right, snot would not be its best accessory :)

12:55 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

There are so many things I put in the "not toddler wear" category...

1:38 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

I love it as a shirt...as a dress? Well, it kinda looks like PJs, so maybe the snot trail would be appropriate then.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I love it. I have neither the height nor the legs to wear it as a dress, though. My wardrobe since becoming a mom is just so very sad. Sigh...

5:35 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Oh sure you could wear it, just while Fly was sleeping.

5:12 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

I've currently been wearing snot. On both shoulders. It's grand and I'm tired of changing so I've decided to pretend it's supposed to be there.

8:03 AM  
Blogger the mama bird diaries said...

Fabulous top. super cute over skinny jeans.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Very cute! But I too am imagining what would show. In my case, Spagettios. sp? You'd think I would know, given how many cans I've opened...

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home