Thursday, May 08, 2008

Take my picture, please!

I love taking snapshots of family and friends and occasionally putting pictures into digital scrapbooking layouts.


Most of the layouts are of Fly, or Fly and JP

Before Fly was born, I created annual DVD slideshows of all the best pictures JP or I took that year, often from our travels.


The northern shore of St. Croix, overlooking Buck Island National Wildlife Refuge

The problem is that even though JP is the one with the photographic expertise and the big cameras, JP doesn't tend to take a lot of pictures of Fly and me together. Fly's album is going to be full of pictures of him and his dad, and very few with me. And that really bugs me, because I spend the most time with him. But also, of course, that's why there are fewer pictures of Fly and me together.

Oh, there are some pictures:


We look so happy in this picture!


"Who are those people, Mama?" "Oh, just other people at the museum." (Get out of my picture, people!)


Showing off our tongues, with a waiter's behind as our backdrop


This one is actually decent, but it was taken five months ago

So, looking forward to Mother's Day, what I would like to have is not a cheesy bottle of perfume or some rocks on a string (aka diamond necklace), but a resolution from JP that he will take more and better pictures of me and my boy together.

The Parent Bloggers Network is asking how moms would like to be recognized on Mother's Day, and you know what I want? Some decent pictures. Please. PBN is partnering with Johnson's Baby Cause program, which promotes health for children and mothers around the world, for this blog blast.

Labels: , , ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

I tooooootally hear ya! However, I'd love some pictures with my husband in them, as well as a promise from him to take more of me and the kids ;)

3:13 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I have the same problem here. It just never occurs to people to take photos of me with my kids. Once or twice a year my hubs will think of it. Other than that, he'll take one or two if I order him to.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same here...I'm the photographer of the family. I rarely get pictures of Baby K and I together. When we do have pictures together at least half of them are horrible...Hubby just isn't the best at considering if it is even a half way decent pose. Maybe with more practice... :)

6:54 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Amen to this! I would love more photos of me and my daughter. Like you, I'm the one behind the camera in most of the shots I have. Happy Mother's Day!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Reading the other comments, I'm thinking all our scrapbooks/photoalbums are fairly motherless. Sigh. There are a few of me with the kids, but usually of my horrid backside, or blinking, or looking drugged, etc. Do we need to hire professionals, or should we take turns helping each other out with this problem?

8:09 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I hope you get your wish!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take all the photos too. When I ask my husband to take one I get the WORST photos! Poor guy he tries so hard, but cannot take a picture.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

We have a million pictures - what I want is to print them out and organize them - that would be a great Mother's Day present!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Pictures last a lifetime. It's a great gift.

Have a Happy Mother's Day.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Lady M said...

I hear ya. I've resorted to explicit requests for my husband to take pictures of us and handing him the camera. He's great about everything else, but pictures seem to fall under my domain.

9:39 PM  
Blogger the mama bird diaries said...

Have a great mother's day... with lots of pictures!

10:23 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

auto-timer.

I have heaps of pics, and they're all better than when the husband takes them...

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh I love the Caribbean! Been to two caribbean cruises (before child! and it was a blast!!!

I want better pics too, like black and white fashion ones they have in HARPER'S BAZAAR! LOL

9:34 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

I know! If I don't use the self timer and get some of me and the baby, forget it!

as far as the other kidlets go, not much there either.

I hear you!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Here, it's the reverse. I'm in all the pictures and Hubs makes only a rare appearance. Of course, most photographs of me manage, somehow, to emphasize the size of my butt.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Good luck with the pictures...and the rocks;)

8:46 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

those are some sweet photos!

1:40 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

I'm in the same boat! Hope you got some yesterday!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

There are approximately 2 decent pictures of me and my kids. My husband sucks with the photographic recording of our joy.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Decent pictures? I need someone who will physically put those huge stacks of pictures I have into a photo album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I totally relate to this! I have SO many pictures of my daughter and my daughter with other people (her daddy, her grandma, her aunt, etc.)...but not very many of the two of us. And we are like two peas in a pod! :)

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in all the pictures and Hubs makes only a rare appearance. Of course, most photographs of me manage

2:05 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

i hear ya sister!!

hoping you got lots of happy shots on mothers day :)

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home