Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hope, cheese and the beach

Sunday, Sep. 3:



Motherhood Uncensored suggested coming up with motivational posters for moms a la Successories. So, here's mine. Kinda predictable, I guess. But yes, that is an actual bikini I own. Note I say "own," not necessarily "wear."

- - - - -

My stepmother, Ann, calls me.

"Tell me more about this gouda," she says.

"What?" I'm squinting, as if I can get rid of the blur of what she's saying.

"The gouda," she says again, "For the hospital."

"Gouda is a cheese. You mean the doula?!"

Now I really wonder about those llamas....

- - - - -

JP and I decided if we didn't have a baby yet, we'd spend yesterday morning relaxing. We did two things we hardly ever get to do. We went out to breakfast. And we went to the beach. To try out his new daddy video camera (well, new to us, but actually gently used) because we've never owned one before:



9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope!
That is super great.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gouda.


Bwahahahahahahahahha!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Saw your post over at motherhood uncensored. Love this!

1:25 AM  
Blogger LBA said...

What a funny post - love your Successories poster ( cute 'kini too ! ;)

I've never heard of Gouda as a birth-aid, but best of luck with it ( your stepmother must have thought you a bit weird, yes ? )

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great, I laughed so hard at that!

Awesome Mom (blogger beta is acting up so I have to go incognito to post comments)

8:27 PM  
Blogger tracey clark said...

GOuda. He, he. That's really good.
But the HOpe poster. Even better.
Came from MU too.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Holy smokes woman, that is one serious and professional looking camera!!!

& your stepmother? I love her.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

What a cheesy post - HA!

Good idea practicing with the video camera!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love your motivational poster too. Although for me the hope of ever getting back into a bikini is long gone -- sigh. ;-)

Good luck as you wait for your little one to be born!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home