Friday, August 18, 2006

Fat chance

Thursday, Aug. 17:

Weekly doctor visit. With the elf doctor. She's growing on me, especially since my stay in the hospital last month, where she visited me. Everything checks out normal. No dilation, no baby progression yet.

I'm so tired lately. So I take a nap.

I have heard women have unusual dreams while they're pregnant. But weird dreams are normal for me -- so it's all relative. My nap dream, though, might qualify as one of those whacked-out pregnancy dreams.

I'm somewhere I haven't been before. Someone tells me this family I don't know has given me a bunch of gifts. Some of them are for the baby, and the others are for me. (My interpretation: my subconscious replaying the recent baby showers, with a twist, of course.) Apparently, the family is giving me the gifts because they have a son who likes me. They hope the gifts will encourage me to hang out with them. There is a young woman there, whom I consider a friend even though in real life I don't know who she is, who tells me it's OK to hang out with the family even though I'm married. It's the polite thing to do, considering the piles of gifts they've given me. (My interpretation: have I been watching arranged marriage rituals on PBS or something?! Who knows.)

So I'm supposed to meet this guy. Then my unknown friend dyes my hair black. She helps me pick out a pair of jeans. She pulls a red T-shirt over my head. She wants me to look good for this guy for some reason.

And I realize I am skinny! Although my unknown friend tsk-tsks the state of my behind.

The family has a party. This guy is supposed to be there. Until he shows up, I dance with everyone -- I mean, everyone is just dancing to dance and have a good time, not couple dancing.

I'm skinny!

The family tells me who the guy is. It's Ashton Kucher! (My interpretation: my subconscious recognizes the fact he apparently likes older women with dark hair, aka Demi Moore!) But Ashton never shows up.

I can't believe I'm writing this.... I definitely don't have a thing for him. I don't have any celebrity crushes. (I used to, though. Maybe I'll blog about it some time.)

But I'm skinny!

Then I wake up and realize, of course, I'm still pregnant and rounded with baby weight. Sigh.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Round and beautiful!

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dreams have never made sence. They're always crazy..and hard to explain to people...I do always remember them though. I don't know what you look like, but I'm sure you're just darling as most pregnant woman are!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I have crazy dreams too...but I'm never skinny in them. I have to work on that...lol

12:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

But--for a moment you were skinny....

7:19 PM  
Blogger SlushTurtle said...

When I was preggers, I had a disturbing series of dreams about Ty Pennington. I blame it all on the horomones...

7:26 PM  
Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Hey Damselfly ~ To celebrate your dream, go order yourself a skinny latte (decaf, of course), or pick up one of those skinny cow ice creams (pre-teen daughter and I just discovered those!)

:)

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home