Monday, August 14, 2006

Baby's almost done

Monday, Aug. 14:

We had a fun visit, but now my mother and sister are flying back home. From the aromatheraphy facial my mother treated me to (because she loved the one my sister and I gave her for her birthday), to getting my sister to distract me so she could take my still-needed baby supplies to the checkout at Babies R Us and pay for them herself (!!!), to treating my sister and me to lunch, and even offering to weed my yard and wash my windows in this heat (of course, I didn't let her), she did so much. As a grandmother looking forward to her latest grandchild, she is waaaay different from the person she was when I was growing up.

My sister, too, helped me sort out some things and figure out what JP and I still need to prepare for the baby. Even though her youngest is almost 17. I think she's looking forward to this little person, too.

Now that they are gone, I feel this is the Home Stretch. The Ninth Inning. The baby could come any time.

But oh, I hope s/he will hold out a little while longer . . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

It's all so exciting!!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Family rocks. After my son was born, my sister visited from Cali. She wanted me to get a massage and when she found out a 90 minute massage cost as much as she was expecting a 60 minute massage to go for, she didn't just go for the 60 minute one to save money. She still shelled out the cheddar and got me the extra half hour, while she watched my gassy, fussy 5 week old. Awesome.

I'm glad your family are as excited as you are.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home