Sunday, July 30, 2006

Someone to barf over me


Sunday, July 30:

There was, ahem, an unfortunate experiment in quilting a few months ago when I tried to make a quilt for my friend who had her baby last month. (He's already six weeks old!) As I've mentioned, it's now a giant pot holder that she will never hear about. And which no one in the blogosphere will ever see. (I did give her a make-up blanket that basically called for me just to sew binding around the edge of already-quilted fabric.)

But I learned a lot from my mistakes made on that quilt, which I just jumped into without knowing what I was doing. It was my first quilt, after all.

And so today I completed a quilt for my own baby!

No matter how proud I am of this quilt, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the baby throws up on it ....

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom101 said...

Barf or not, you SHOULD be proud of that! Wow, I wish I had one iota of craftiness anywhere in my body. My most treasured baby gifts were the ones people made for me.

By the way, it's not the barf you need to be worried about but the poo explosions. Have fun!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

That's beautiful!!!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

You made a quilt, that's fabulous. Someday I would like to take squares cut from the many baby outfits each kids has worn and make a quilt. I guess I need to learn how to sew first. Yikes!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home