Thursday, July 27, 2006

And I need a Boy Scout to help me cross the street

Friday, July 27:

My stepmother, Ann, e-mails me:

"How are you feeling? Any new pictures?"

In a fit of chattiness, I respond:

"Things are going OK, but I feel very pregnant .... Overall, I have very few bad symptoms compared with some other women, so I guess I can't complain. Some days I wonder what I have gotten myself into and think I must have lost my mind to even entertain the idea of having a baby! It's weird."

So she thinks she needs to counsel me:

"Honey, what you are experiencing is very common. Including your emotions! Your hormones are raging right now, and the closer you get to delivery, it could even escalate. I feel sure once you hold your baby in your arms for the first time, you'll know exactly why you did it."

I was just trying to be funny. But if she feels as though she saved the day with her e-mail, then I'm happy for her. Being so far away, it's probably one of the few ways she feels she can contribute.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just say how much I hate it when people try to "cheer me up" when I'm just randomly ranting to make conversation?

Hate.

You're a better woman that I am.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Oh, yes, the unsolicited advice. When you're not really asking for advice. Don't ya love it?

6:59 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Ugh.

I had a woman that stalked me for a glimmer of a complaint so she could feed me sage advice.

Unfortunately for her, I really enjoyed my pregnancy. Why she would wish her issues and PND on me or anyone else is totally beyond me ...

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home