Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Shower power

Tuesday, July 11:

The invitation for the baby shower JP's sister -- "Sabee" -- is giving for me arrives. It's a single piece of heavy paper with a baby on it and glittery edges. Cute.

The shower is taking place in the middle of a weekday at a tea room. That means people who have a regular job won't be able to come. And none of the invitees is a friend of mine. I had already given Roo the list of all my friends; this second shower came up afterward. I was hoping at least Star would be able to come (because she's going to miss the shower at Roo's house), but her trip has been rescheduled yet again, and now she'll be away at that time.

All this makes me a little sad, but at the same time, I feel guilty about my previous rantings and ravings over this shower. Sabee is just trying to do something nice. And she is a nice person, if a little distant or distracted lately.

I need to tell myself not "make the best of it" but to find some genuine, positive feelings and make it a memorable experience not just for myself but for everyone. Because what we're really celebrating is the baby.

And, I have to admit, I'm curious about that tea room.

But I have nothing to wear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home