Thursday, August 10, 2006

Yin and yang

Thursday, Aug. 10:

Today, I was able to get up early enough to get in a little exercise when I was treated to the news of the foiled airline terrorist plot that was on every morning news show.

This was the exact time my mother and sister were boarding a plane to come visit me for a few days. I wondered if the air mayhem would affect their flight, even though they flew out of Chicago. (It did, of course, as I learned later and became the first person to explain to them what was going on.)

They arrived minus their bottled water, toothpaste and other toiletry items. But they got here. (Sister: "Thank God I didn't carry on my OPI nail polish! That stuff is like $9 a bottle!")

After giving me a hug hello, the first thing my mother did was bend down and kiss my stomach.

It's amazing to me sometimes how such sweetness and such anger can exist together in the world.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad she made it safely! My mother-in-law flew to Utah that same day so we're eagerly awaiting to hear how her flight experience went. The lines alone made me cringe....

5:26 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Oh that is so sweet ( the belly kissing from your mom ).

I saw on the news last night a woman flying UK-US going "oh-mi-god-that-was-$80-worth-of-cosmetics" as she had to throw it into a trash bag.

I would have said something similar to your sister - lol ;)

2:58 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I have been thinking a lot about those poor folks who travelled before all the advisory notices were publicized... glad they made it ok.

How goes the baby countdown?

5:45 PM  
Blogger josetteplank.com said...

What a tough time to be flying!

And I LOL at your sister and the nail polish...that stuff is expensive!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home