Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Due in a week -- can you make it two?

Wednesday, Aug. 23:

Another weekly doctor appointment. It "should" be my last weekly appointment.

Yes, it hit me like the Pythagorean theorem on a sixth-grader while I answered a cashier's question about when I am due: next week.

I am due next week.

So today, the elf doctor tells me if I come back for an appointment next week, then whoever sees me that day will tell me what I should do.

Why not just tell me right now what to expect? But do I think to ask this question? No. I can't even remember to tell anyone when I go in every week that I have a doula. There's something else I don't remember to ask, but I can't remember even now what that is! Oh, wait. Now I remember. Didn't someone tell me I was going to get my file to pack in my hospital bag? I didn't get it. Was that my question? I can't remember.

I told Roo my theory is that once I get some of these household projects out of the way, I will relax, and the baby will come. Plus, you know I desperately want to hold out for a September birthday.

So I'm not too worried. Besides, the cashier today told me, "You look great for someone going to deliver a baby next week."

I'll take that as a compliment!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

A week? Oh the excitement!

5:23 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

What a great compliment !

I remember the week before my birth date I went to a company picnic/raceday and totally got off on being all carefree and super-cool as I flippantly told people "oh, next week, you know.." .. it was evil fun to watch them freak out a little on my behalf .. ;)

Good luck ! You'll do great !

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home