Friday, September 01, 2006

Pass/fail

Friday, Sept. 1:

I made it to September! I made it to September!

I am so silly that way. Holding out for a September baby.

Now just continuing the nesting. And waiting.

And expanding my vocabulary. Imperfect Mommy came up with a new word -- a sniglet, if you remember those -- nanodilated. That's her state. Mine, too, right here at my due date. (Although you know I have always thought it would be later.)

My friend Star, due in November, asked me what it's like here at the end. The best way I could describe it to her at the time was like facing an important final exam. You've been studying all semester. You've done everything you can to prepare. At some point, you realize there's nothing more you can really do until you actually take the test. The test is coming, whether you like it or not, and you're either going to pass or fail.

Star said she thinks I'll pass.

6 Comments:

Blogger LBA said...

That's darling :)

I was similar - dates, days, meanings etc, all took on such RELEVANCE. I think holding out to Spetember is fine, just fine.

;)

9:48 AM  
Blogger LBA said...

Spetember ? Oops.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You'll pass...but TRUST ME. It's the toughest exam you'll EVER take!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

What a wonderful analogy.

You'll pass. With flying colours.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Very exciting... I can't wait!!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Hang in there oh pregnant one!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home