Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday, the day of Nest

Sunday, Aug. 27:

JP and I are nesting today.

He moved furniture and cleaned the carpets and rugs. I dusted the blinds and washed all the window treatments.

He moved a lot of (his) clutter out of the hallway. I vacuumed the upholstery and fluffed throw pillows in the dryer with anti-allergen stuff.

He set a night stand -- finished and matched with the dresser he just did -- in the baby's room. I ran around the glass and door frames with some cleaner.

At one point, I thought maybe my water broke. But, um, I guess I was just sweating. After all this nesting activity.

6 Comments:

Blogger metro mama said...

Ah, nesting. I went through that. Thank god it passes after the baby arrives.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

I nested for weeks...or maybe it just seemed like weeks.

Of course, I also was pregnant during the dog days of summer and frequently found myself slurping water from my bathroom sink faucet. In my defense, the water in the bathroom sink runs muuuuch cooler than the kitchen sink.

And I was too huge and tired to walk allllll the way to the kitchen for a glass of water!

And technically, my nesting never went away. I'm the cleanest and tidiest now than I ever was pre-baby!

Good luck!!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

The nesting has started, which means it's only a matter of time! I am so excited for you. Sending good thougths your way!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

That would be "thoughts". (Gosh, I wish blogger would have a spell check!)

11:41 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Ooohhh, tick tock goes the clock. That last bit of energy before the big day, whoo-hoo!

11:41 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

LOL ! - that is funny about thinking your water had broken ! :)

Mine never did, *and* I never nested .. I wished I did .. I do like a clean home ( want to pop over and clean my toddler-smeared windows ? :)

Very exciting. I keep expecting to pop onto your blog and find you GONE .. won't be long now ..

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home