Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Tie dye

What I'd wear today if I could: this tie-dye skirt by INC at Macy's. I saw it the last time I went to the mall, where it was on a mannequin paired with a plain blue cotton cami. I was instantly like, "Ahhh! Summer!"

My friend Guinevere was just saying to me how surprisingly cooling she found skirts to be in the summer -- even more cooling than shorts. And I think she's on something. Oops -- I mean onto something.

Besides having built-in air conditioning, another great thing about this skirt is someone else has done the tie dye for you. My only experience with tie dye was in sixth grade when our whole class went to a camp for a week. I thought tie dyeing was messy, and you couldn't control the results. I know that's pretty much the point of tie dye, but my T-shirt was nothing I would wear. A teacher told me I did a nice job on the shirt, but I thought she said the word without the R, and that just compounded the tie dye experience letdown for me.

This skirt, however, wisely uses just two colors, so it's very wearable. And as I keep pointing out with clothes that have prints, it probably hides stains well. You just have to be very careful about how you wash those stains on this skirt....

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I would love that skirt. And right now, ALL I wear is skirts. I am thinking that 1. it hides the extra baggage tagging along with this pregnancy 2. it does keep me cool and 3. they just look SO MUCH BETTER on me than capris. And we won't even go there with shorts...

Steph

9:41 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

love the skirt!!

my summer wardrobe is all about skirts. nothing is better in my book!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

I don't usually think of tie-dye as fashionable but that skirt is really cute!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

I am actually a rare fan of tie-dye. Again, with ONE color. I don't want to look like I wandered out of a Cheech and Chong flick...

1:11 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

haha "on something"
I like skirts and I agree with G, very cooling!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore skirts, the only time i am not wearing one in the summer is trips to the playground, can't climb in a skirt ... well I could but really really shouldn't :P

8:06 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I love tie dye, but I am not a skirt for every day usage kind of girl. My neighbor pulls it off brilliantly, though. She's always in a light and airy skirt, and she has 5 kids!

10:34 PM  
Blogger jodifur said...

I wear skirts all summer. I think shorts look terrible on me so I switched to skirts. I'm wearing this one today-

http://bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2055070711&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=9796031&N=9788861+4294967172&Ne=9&Ns=Popularity%7c0%7c%7cProduct%2bCode%7c1&Nu=Product+ID

11:59 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

love it all... espesally the SHOES :)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I didn't wear skirts for years because it felt so impractical with young kidlets around. This summer, I have added a bunch to my wardrobe. I would happily wear them, if it would warm the f*ck up. Sorry; it had to be said.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I love skirts, but I only wear them for special occasions, which I know is ridiculous. That one is tres cute!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That IS pretty. I love the colors...

8:35 PM  
Blogger Life As I Know It said...

Love it, although I can't remember the last time I wore a skirt!

I was just thinking of tie dying some tshirts with the kids this summer but I have no idea how to do it!

10:10 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Tie-dye is, as we all know, VERY groovy!

9:08 AM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I love skirts in the summertime. Shorts on this gal - no no no.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Oh, that's just so beautiful!

10:23 AM  
Blogger LBA said...

oh yes - I always wear skirts. I don't have the right figure for shorts, so NEVER wear them.

Skirts are so pretty and girly too, so I always feel a bit special :)

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home