Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Love hurts

Fly turned 21 months old on Saturday, and the cutest thing he does now is give me a hug and a kiss. He says, "Hug!" (it sounds more like "Haaaag!"), then embraces me. After that, he zones in on my face for an open-mouth kiss -- he doesn't yet get the idea to close your mouth. I'm not sure why he wants to kiss me on the lips, because I've only kissed him on his forehead or cheeks. But from what I hear, these kissing days are short-lived, so I will take any hugs and kisses I can get!

Somehow JP realized Fly can get a little jealous. Yesterday when he came home, JP said to me, "Watch this." He made a big show of kissing me in front of Fly.

Fly squealed, then ran in our direction. "Hug!" he said.

I bent down to give him a hug, but Fly kept coming. Right before he got close to me, he did a weird leap/trip -- honestly, I am still not sure how the laws of physics enabled him to do this -- and he ended up whamming his head upward under my chin.

The sound of my teeth grinding against one another made JP's hair stand on end.

JP didn't know which one of us to comfort first. Fly was wailing the loudest, and JP scooped him up. I think I was speechless for the most part -- not really hurt, but my chin still aches a little if I rub it.

I always wondered what it would be like to have two guys vying for my attention. I didn't imagine calamity....

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

teehee
I hope you are both healed and happy in love ;)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

That used to happen to my husband all the time whenn the older two were little...he'd get a head to the chin. I guess he never learned to anticipate the movement like I did.

Enjoy the sloppy kisses while they last. Hopefully they're not all so dangerous.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! But flattering, right? ;-)

2:44 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Ouch! And sweet all at once. My son went back and forth between my husband and myself on Friday and I just about died from his sweetness. I don't want these days to end!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

I've been cracked in the jaw by toddler head...no fun:( I hope everyone is OK:)

4:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd take the calamity for the attention, that's for sure. ;-)

4:44 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

ouch!!!

love does hurt with little boys around.

5:03 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I keep expecting my 8-month-old to do one of her head butts and take out my adams apple. I am so excited for her to start with the kisses and hugs. Right now I pretend she's hugging me by putting her little arms around my neck and squeezing.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Life As I Know It said...

Ouch! But cute all the same! I always tell myself to enjoy all the kisses and hugs now because they will be over sooner than I'd like...

8:57 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Ouch, love does hurt. I remember when my son was little anytime we hugged he came in between us and pushed us apart.

9:45 PM  
Blogger the mama bird diaries said...

Treasure all the kisses and hugs.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

That is adorable! Tate is in the hugging and kissing stage now too...but for some reason ever since we brought his 'lil sister home from the hospital SHE has been getting all the hugs and kisses! hehe. :) But yes, I hear these hugging and kissing days are short lived too...so we better take full advantage of them while they last! :)

10:53 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Love does indeed hurt, but somehow, given what you've described, I think it's very worth it. :)

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally worth the pain ... the jealousy bit comes and goes around here.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Love hurts!
Love scars!

Why is Bon Jovi suddenly running through my head? ;)

8:45 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

OMG !! When MC was somewhere btn 18mo and 2yrs, he threw his head back and KILLED, I said KILLED my front tooth ! It went BLACK, and although I went to the dentist and fixed it, it is still grey. I just don't smile and don't plan to fix it properly ( $$$ ) until this new bebe is past this date, as I just feel it is not worth the risk.

Thanks for reminding me i'm doing the right thing !!!!

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home