Monday, November 12, 2007

The guy at the office

I am losing my cred.

When you have best-friend status with your husband (JP and I have been married almost 13 years), you tend to rely on each other a lot. Best friends do. Best friends really believe in what each other thinks. In fact, many times, you go out of your way to find out what your best friend thinks about what you should do. You know how it goes.

But lately, it seems what I say doesn't count -- unless another person can back it up. Humph.

I know this because of The Guy At The Office:

"The Guy At The Office said the way to get a baby to sleep through the night is just to pat or stroke him and not pick him up out of the crib," JP said.

"Oh, really?" I said. "That's what I told you six months ago the first time we tried sleep training with Fly. And you didn't want to do it."

Or:

"The Guy At The Office said you can use rubbing alcohol to get grease out of rugs," JP said.

"Uh-huh," I said. "Yes, I know. I told you I did that when you tracked motor oil from your boots on Fly's bedroom carpet."

That kind of thing.

I still think JP and I are best friends, but The Guy At The Office will probably continue to trump me for some time....

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

You need to become friends with The Guy At The Office. Then you can have him on your side and tell him what you need your hubby to know.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

You may be best friends, but husbands are great at tuning out their wives for some odd reason. Annoying, right? :)

5:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good to know the "Guy at the Office" is more reputable than the best friend. Or not. :-)

6:34 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

That's kind of like when your kid says to you, "But my teacher says________."

8:05 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Your husband does that too?

9:01 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

I think they are all the same! Danny does it all the time! So & so said... then I guess I make a face and he knows what's coming. So he gives me that stupid Raymond face and says "Whaat??" Ding bat!

Everybody loves Raymond is based on my husband!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

You haven't lost anything. You see what is happening here is hearing loss. Husbands sometimes don't "hear" what we say...it sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher.

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. Now you need to make up something like "the guy from the park."

1:23 AM  
Blogger k said...

your husband works with dwight schrute?!

2:14 AM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

At least it's not "My mom says..."

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home