Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Organic

What I'd wear today if I could: this organic cotton dress from Cottonfield Organic Cotton. (Anyone care to say the word cotton one more time?) To make it an even better choice, it's called the "damsel dress." The dress comes in brown and black and has a bit of stretch to it -- which makes this your basic go-to dress for just about anything. You could dress it up or down.

You know what I love about dresses? Even though I don't wear them that much, dresses make getting dressed so easy. One piece over your head or zipped up the back, and you're done. No worries about matching this piece to that piece.

I also love that it's organic. I would really like to look more into organic clothing. I think there are more choices out there than there used to be -- and the selection is probably just going to get better and better as more and more people look for organic clothes. (Click here for a list of companies that sell organic clothing.)

When Fly was born and I started noticing organic baby clothes and blankets, I didn't get what the fuss was about. But then I learned cotton is supposedly the second-most-sprayed crop when it comes to pesticides and the like. (Coffee is reportedly number one. Gulp.) Many companies are growing cotton organically, though, which is better for our planet and likely better for our health.

Do you wear organic? If so, where do you shop for it?

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have you ever purchases anything for Fly from Speesees? Super duper cute stuff!!

4:12 PM  
Blogger ♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

ohhh i love this dress!

organic clothing HUH....i didn't even realize..HELLO...how cool!

;o)

Amy xoxox

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I try within my means to buy organic and local when I can.

I love dresses in the summer but it is way too cold here to wear them in the winter!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

that looks like something I could wear for a long time an be comfy comfy comfy!

6:19 PM  
Blogger jodifur said...

that is really cute!

10:03 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

ooh - I don't like this dress at all - the colour is dowdy and it's doing *nothing* for the poor girls' mamms.

She needs more structure, or a better bra .. or something.

Sloppy.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

This is a subject near and dear to my heart!

I wear organic as much as possible. I have a cottonfield usa brown denim skirt on today (http://www.cottonfieldusa.com/denim-skirt-organic-pr-227.html_) paired with Maggies Organics striped tights purchased through http://www.internatural-alternative-health.com/ingr/ingr224226.cfm

There are more and more organic clothing companies launching, making it easier and easier to find organic clothes.

I have a couple of dresses from http://www.enamore.co.uk/onlineshop/ which I also love.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

Sorry, h&b! I agree it looks as though the model needs a bit more support -- definitely a better bra, as you say -- but I actually like to wear brown.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

You look great in brown!

I didn't realize that about cotton. I wonder to what extend pesticides on cotton in our clothes affect our health. I hadn't thought about it before.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

No, but Costco's organic coffee is decent. ;)

11:21 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That dress is the kind that only looks good on a select few body types. I definitely wouldn't try it on mine...but I do like the brown.

7:03 PM  
Blogger windycindy said...

Hi, I love the style of the dress you have displayed! I really enjoy wearing cotton and organic clothing! Of course, everything I wear is not organic! One site I like for women's clothing is "Sweet Grass Fibers!" Here is the code word: TJ Maxx! Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

1:05 AM  
Blogger Frances said...

I'm on the lookout for great deals on organic cotton clothing now that I know about the benefits this kind of growing has for people and the planet. Although I doubt I'd find any at TJ Maxx, I'd still love to use that gift card. ;)

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home