Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Feathers

What I'd wear today if I could: this simple, chic dress from Twelve by Twelve. I love how this dress is such a simple cut and shape, and sleeveless for summer. But then it has this cool brooch (what is up with this word and why isn't it spelled broach the way it sounds -- or should I just say pin?) and feather attached to the bodice. That just makes a nice dress so much more exciting! I don't have any other clothes with feathers.

And probably for good reason. Fly would likely ruin the feathers in 3.4 seconds, so I would have to wear this dress on the sly. I imagine putting on a wrap to drop off Fly at his grandparents' house, then heading out somewhere special with JP. If the brooch/pin and feather come off, it would be a fun, simple dress to kick around anywhere.

It comes in other colors -- yellow, light orange and burgundy. I thought the taupe color would be good for day or for night, and easier to match shoes.

And, is it just me, or do the mannequin's arms seem exceptionally long...?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Exceptionally noodly maybe. And I'd love to see you in that dress!!

Steph

8:35 AM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Loooong, I'm with you.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it, but I would fear the feathers. COol pick though. I look forward to Wednesdays around here :)

11:37 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

didn't notice on first glance, but yes. this girl has some long arms. actually she might not need the feathers to fly.

ok that wasn't nice.

but i do love the dress - if only i had a place to wear it?

11:38 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I'd be happy to babysit Fly so you could go out on the town in that dress!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Her arms ARE "weirdly" long...and thin. Since she's a mannequin, I suppose it's okay to "critique her physique" like that. LOL. ;)

7:02 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I love this dress because it has a very forgiving shape for those of us who are still working on that baby weight. The brooch definitely zazzes it up. My little bean would go gaga for the feathers and they would immediately be all slobbery. I went to the website and was amazed at how affordable their stuff is, too!! Great find!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Beautiful dress! Those arms are weird, way too thin!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Love the feather, but I like clothes with sleeves (I hate my arms). So add a sleeve to it and I would wear it.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Very cute! Feathers must be very popular right now. I'm seeing them everywhere.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home