Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving blessings


Before this year, JP and I already had so much to be thankful for. Each other. Family and friends. Our four cats and four turtles. Our education. Jobs. A home to live in. Reliable transportation. Good times.

And now we have Flybaby. We are so grateful that he's happy and healthy -- right after he was born, I called him "the deluxe model." All the complaints I may have about my awkwardness as a mother or our crazy relatives or my lack of sleep don't seem to make a difference -- that is, they don't outweigh the wonderfulness of having Flybaby in our lives.

Blogging regularly this year and reading about others' lives -- cybergettingtoknowyou -- has also been great. If you read this, take that! Poof! You're a blessing.

Getting ready for Thanksgiving is real different this year. Despite Fly wanting to be held all the time, I feel quite proud of myself for my accomplishments already this morning. Before 11 a.m., I fed Flybaby twice and changed him twice, got dressed (including makeup and brushing my hair!), folded a load of laundry, put a clean tablecloth on the table along with some candles and a centerpiece, made a batch of cinnamon ice cream, washed two quarts of mushrooms, checked my personal e-mail, fed the cats and even managed to eat breakfast myself. Multitasking, thy name is mother!

There's still a lot to be done. But if anyone who comes over for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow makes a single comment about something being left out, undone or not quite up to par, I just might have to slug 'em.

Happy Thanksgiving!

16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving (and what an ADORABLE picture!)

1:29 PM  
Blogger Erin M said...

flybaby is so cute he's hurting me!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

You are the queen of multi-tasking, and I applaud you! I spent the entire day making pies: two pumpkin (still in the oven now, at 10:15pm), an apple, and a ricotta cheesecake. And that baby of yours is a doll.

Happy Thanksgiving!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

That's one of the best things about having a baby, everything is new--first Christmas, first birthday, first day of school, first whatever. It's like getting to live life a second time.

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed - multitasking is the essence of motherhood! Happy Thanksgiving!

(and Oh My God he's adorable!!)

12:33 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

You are the queen of multitasking!! LOL. Isn't it amazing what you found out you can do once your a mom??

I am so grateful to be a blessing! :D

4:00 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

I love Flybaby's smile! Great job multi-tasking. Have a great holiday!

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The deluxe model". Hee!

6:20 PM  
Blogger M said...

Cute picture! Lots to be thankful for this year, eh?

7:58 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

You did all that before 11ma AND made a batch of cinnamon ice cream?????

That's it, I'm nominating you MOTHER OF THE YEAR cuz that is impressive!

p.s. Flybaby is such a cutie!!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Mayberry said...

What a darling little guy! Hope your T-day went well. Just stopping by to say hello pre-exchange.

12:34 PM  
Blogger SlushTurtle said...

The shirt says it all- so cute.

I'm interested in this cinnamon ice cream. Tell us more.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving! You certainly have a perfect little cutie to be thankful for!

5:36 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

You should be proud too !

You're doing a wonderful job .. and yes, I too believe we've got so much to be thankful for when we manage to birth healthy happy children. So, so lucky ...

Fly is a *doll* !

8:20 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

OMG! That face! Flybaby is the cutest EVER.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home