Saturday, November 18, 2006

Cranky redux

Wow, yesterday I "cranked it up" and got a lot of interesting comments, so I thought I should address some of them.

First, the squirrel stayed on the bookshelf in the dining room for hours. Poor little guy.



Then JP came home and worked his squirrel-whisperer magic and got the little guy to go out the window you can see in the picture.

Strangely enough, now there is soot -- and blood -- to clean up on various furnishings around the house. Yeah, that's what I needed right before Thanksgiving.

Next, in his words, "holey moley," the co-founder of gdiapers commented on how I couldn't flush them. I'm so impressed, Jason. Thanks for stopping by. For the record, when I returned to the scene and tried to flush again, the gdiapers didn't cause a problem. So maybe I was having a temporary low-water-pressure problem? Because in all fairness, I should note this was the first time having any problems flushing a gdiaper. If you've never heard of gdiapers, check them out. The thing I like about them is you can flush them, so there's no lingering smell. But of course, I also like them because they're more environmentally friendly than disposable diapers. Which leads me to....

The book I claim to have published. To protect the innocent and not-so-innocent people who populate my blog, I can't really give away the title. Or at least, for the moment, I don't feel like "coming out" in the blogosphere. I hope you'll forgive me. But I will say my book was published by a university press, and it's about nature travel/ecotourism. Thanks for asking, Scribbit, and someday I really hope to do some nature travel where you live in Alaska. It's been a longtime dream of mine and JP's.

Ah. And now my short non-crying window of opportunity to do something with both hands has ended.... Off to care for Flybaby, have a great weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Scribbit said...

No, I understand what you mean. I use a fake name on everything related to my blog and the newspaper hear will carry my real name so I can't really mix. I'm just impressed with anyone who's had that many words to record on one subject or plot. I tend to jump from subject to subject which is a why a blog is ideal. Someday I'd like to attempt the Great American Novel though.

6:14 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

G-diapers sound cool !

The squirrel not so much ( although I feel for the poor thing stuck in your house - soot ? - I take it he came down the chimney ? ) Santa-Squirrel ??

Hope you get some sleep soon ;)

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm such a nerd when it comes to flushing things down the toilet. I only flush toilet paper whereas my husband likes to put down the tough ass wipes! I'm CLOG PHOBIC!!

I'm going to be in a book this coming year but it'sprobably not as high profile as yours !

8:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Understandable about not wanting to come out of the bloggin closet. Though I must say that is a subject on immense interest so when you're ready, I'm game!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

G-diapers, gotta check those out.

I'll take a squirrel in the house anyday over the scorpions we occassionally get here.

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home