Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: A coverup

What I'd wear today if I could: a swimsuit coverup. I plan on taking Fly to a water park today -- there are several small water parks for the itty-bitties where we live, thankfully -- and I would love to just stay covered. Do you know what I mean? I have a couple of swimsuits, but when you're in the water as frequently as I am during the summer, sometimes you want a change. Having more swimsuits in rotation might be one answer, but wearing something loose and comfortable that is also just fine for getting a little bit wet sounds, well, refreshing. I love my T-shirt and board shorts (they keep the sun off), but sometimes you just want something different.

These coverups from Victoria's Secret would do the trick. They look kind of like a dress, so they have some shape to them. Some coverups look like a loose towel. But these would be fun. I don't care if I am just going to the kiddie pool. A mama doesn't have to dress frumpy just because she's hanging out with her little darlings, right?



Do you like to wear a coverup?

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Life As I Know It said...

I have been looking for a cover up all week and haven't found one that I like...!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Those are really nice and don't look like cover ups at all. You're right most of them look like towels.

8:42 AM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I like the red one, although strapless probably wouldn't go too well with my grandma swimsuit. The bottom one is cute, but again I'm just not crazy about that string neck thingy. Because that certainly isn't holding anything up on me. If you find something that can successfully cover my size (ahem) derriere and still look cute, let me know!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Kellan said...

Cute cover-ups. Hope you had fun at the water park!

I'm Kellan, btw - nice to meet you. Take care.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

I do long tunics...Those are cute too!

5:13 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

I just got a cover up from walmart and it's ok. I like the idea of coverups, but the one I wanted was 15 bucks and the one I got was 9.

It's like a terry cloth and strapless. I almost got a night gown looking thing because it was really cute, but I was afraid it would look like a nightgown.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I like to wear coverups in the form of large, plastic garbage bags because that's the level of coverage I require just about now. ;)

8:12 PM  
Blogger Mayberry said...

I like to, and can never find cute ones. So thanks!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I've been thinking the same thing lately! I'd love to have a cover-up...especially because my daughter likes to get "OUT!" of the water and then back in the "POOL!" so frequently. It would be nice to cover-up in between...

11:28 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

So cute. But could I pull it off??? hmmm...

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally cute! I plan on getting a cute cover up for driving to and from the beach/pool.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Cute coverups! I tend to just throw board shorts over my bathing suit. Perhaps it's time I invested in a coverup.

8:43 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

oh Lordy, these are sweet, and yes, I like to be a bit less exposed - the tummy is especially still not-ready-for-show.

I saw some lovely cover-ups like these on holidays in Arizona. Nothing like staying in a nice hotel to make you feel all dowdy :p

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home