Monday, December 22, 2008

Vacation by numbers

1: Life-size gingerbread house I had to see.



2: Items we lost in the hotel room. How do things just disappear?

3: Number of weeks it took me to post anything about our trip.

4: Feet away I was from Kelly Ripa at Mexico at Epcot! She was looking at some folk art. I couldn't believe how skinny she is. What's smaller than a size 0?

5: People who wedged in front of me to see the parade.



6: Rides I wanted to go on but couldn't because of the expectant mother warning.

7: The shape that the Mickey Mouse straw we came home with turned into after putting it in the dishwasher. A cashier gave it to me because it was my birthday.

8: Times I just wanted to nap.



9: Pounds of clothing our family never got to wear that was just excess luggage.

10: Minutes Fly got to ride a real pony.



$25: Average price for lunch for our family?!

1,500: Number of Christmas trees across Walt Disney World. No exaggeration -- it's a fact.



$????.??: Amount we could have saved by not going to Disney and just taking Fly for rides on the county bus, because bus rides were his favorite part of the whole trip.

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Mozi Esme said...

Looks like a fun time! Though it's amazing how the simple things make our kids the happiest. (I wanted a kid as an excuse to go to Disney World for myself.)

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing trip!! It can be so exhausting going there when pregnant! Take a break or two!

hehe on the bus rides! They are my kids totally favourites too!

7:41 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

Just a couple more years and I can justify us taking a trip to Disney World for our daughter. Which, of course, it will actually be for me because we never went when I was a kid and I've always felt there was a hole in me where that memory should be. Sigh.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Ohh! Sounds like a fun trip. And Kelly Ripa needs a sandwich. Actually, she needs several.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Kirsetin Morello said...

What a fun way to recount your trip - by the numbers! I think all parents will relate to the bus ride part - don't they love the boxes best, too, rather than the gift inside?

Glad you had a fun trip. Great photos!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Wow! That gingerbread house is amazing!

12:58 AM  
Blogger Lady M said...

Ah, who doesn't love the bus?

That gingerbread house is amazing!

1:40 AM  
Blogger jodifur said...

you go in feb and your post just made me so excited!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Isn't it amazing what children decide they like the best? Buses instead of Disney rides, boxes instead of presents....

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That gingerbread house is freaking amazing! I am rather envious. Merry Christmas!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Whoa! That life sized gingerbread house is soooo cool! And 1,500 trees at Disney?! That's a whole lotta decorating!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh that sounds like fun! I hope we get to take our kids soon.

3:53 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Gee...that first pic looks really familiar. :D

4:28 PM  
Blogger mollie said...

The gingerbread house makes me feel like an underachiever...grrrrr... and Kelly ripa needs a cheeseburger...not a sandwich. I remember when she started with regis and I liked her cuz she was so "normal". Now she blah blah's about her weekends in the hamptons...

11:24 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

The experience...priceless. At least that's how we feel about Disney.
Wow about the Kelly!!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Love it. Merry Christmas!

2:39 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Disney IS the best, but you're right about eating out around the park. It's pricey, to say the least.

8:59 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

What a cool holiday !
I love Disneyland/World :)

Sorry i've been absent from the blog - i'm like that, then do a mad catchup, which i'm about to do now :)

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the photos! Gorgeous! What a trip!

1:16 PM  
Blogger dianna said...

I agree...it is priceless in the end (or until the first credit card bill comes...).

12:14 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

We'll be doing this one day, thanks for the lowdown.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home