Thursday, November 20, 2008

Crunchies

Fly is just starting to put two or three words together (unlike some people's toddlers of the same age who have been speaking in complete sentences since birth). "Come on!" "This way." "I see you." "Love you." {heart melts}

Even though I understand Fly better than anyone else, sometimes he says things I don't understand. He keeps saying something like "snail mail," which doesn't make any sense because I don't use that term.

He also started saying "crunchies." Crunchies at Target. Crunchies on our nightly walk. Crunchies driving through our town after dark. And I know he's not asking for a snack.

Then last night while driving past a shopping center decorated for the holidays, it hit me.

Fly is saying Christmas trees.

After I was done laughing, I joined him in saying Christmas trees.

Do you think his pronunciation will be better by Christmas?

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I love ti when Harry mutters something incomprehensible and then looks at me expectantly like I should be understanding him. I guess I am still learning to speak Harry more fluently.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Kirsetin Morello said...

That is so sweet. "Crunchies!" I bet you'll be saying that for years to come.

10:05 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

awwww :)

pretty sure you will still want him saying crunchies by christmas! it's way cuter than christmas trees!!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Madeline said...

I love it! "Crunchies"!! You know you'll never look at Christmas trees the same way.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

You'll miss those mispronounciations before you know it. So cute.

I still miss my oldest calling grapes "bapes." I always thought that was so cute.

12:38 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

that is so cute! I wish I could understand half of what xavier was saying.

p.s. I just got all caught up on your blog and you'll have to forgive me for not commenting more. My life has been similar to what you have described. I barely get my own posts up, much less read the ones I love! Hang it there! The 2's don't last forever!

1:19 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I think crunchies is a great name for Christmas Trees!

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally. Your Fly gift will be "I love you, Mama. Let's go shopping."

3:11 PM  
Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

Too. Effing. Cute.

I heart Fly and I heart crunchies :)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

haha...that is awesome! I'm forever trying to figure out what Tate's words are too...hmmm...I wonder how he'll pronounce Christmas trees?!

9:48 PM  
Blogger dianna said...

I just love it~CRUNCHIES*!*

I don't love that my almost 3yr old said "D*mn it" yesterday.
I.
Give.
up.

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so cute!

Julia used to call The Grinch, The Crunch. It was all I could do to keep from laughing.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

So cute!!! Toddler speak is so precious. Before you know it, he'll be firing questions at you ALL THE TIME!!

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok for real enjoy the somewhat silence while you can! My preschooler is NON STOP chatter! I love it but WOW non stop!

Crunchies .... I LOVE It.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Awww..crunchies! That is way too cute. And I could use a little less of Isabella's lip lately, actually. A talkative toddler is not always a good thing!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Jen S. said...

I love it!!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home