Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Balance against the tide

When you have a strong tide at the beach, standing in the surf and watching the waves recede back into the ocean, and feeling the sand slip away under your feet, you can feel as though you're moving, or falling. You have to catch yourself. Or be really sure of your balance.

After yesterday's drama -- half of which I didn't even mention -- Fly and I have found our balance again.



I recommend a day at the beach for restoring cranky kids and mamas.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great picture! Glad things are better today.

1:07 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Lovely shot. It's nice to get restored.

11:14 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

beautiful friend.

maybe you could send a little beach my way?

12:18 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I think I need to live closer to the beach. Glad to hear things are on the up and up!

2:05 PM  
Blogger dianna said...

Beach therapy is wonderful...
(and they always take great naps afterwards ;)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Glad you and Fly are restored. Y'all sure do have a beautiful way of restoring yourselves.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

That photo is beautiful. What a smile.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I'm glad today is going better for you! We all have days when we wonder how we will make it to the next. I'm glad to see that you did make it...and with a great attidtude and outlook at that!!!
:)

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY for a better day! And I could not agree more that a beach is exactly what we all need on rough days!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

Nothing like the expanse of ocean to minimize life's problems, I think!

3:29 AM  
Blogger Jen S. said...

That is SUCH a great photo!!

I've had a harder time lately getting Lance to smile for me!

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home