Wednesday, November 05, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Casual chic

What I'd wear today if I could: The cool, casual chic of this outfit by Michael Michael Kors. (It was so good, he had to name it after himself twice.) You start with dark wide-leg jeans, add a simple tee, then top it off with a basic cropped cardigan. I love the flips and the Hollywood sunglasses, and that bag looks pretty smart too.

I could wear this every day! I mean, I won't, because I get bored easily like that. But really, for a stay-at-home mom, there are few situations this outfit wouldn't work for. Playground? Check. Drop off or pick up? Check. Doctor or vet appointment? Check. Shopping? Indeed.

The darker colors make it great for fall, and if it's cooler out, you can wear a heavier sweater or add a snappy jacket on top. Oh, and, uh, switch out those flips to some cool ankle boots.

Do you have a go-to outfit?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

This is my kind of outfit! I especially love those dark jeans. She looks so put together, yet comfortable at the same time.

8:53 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

That is pretty close to my go-to outfit. In fact, I wore a version of it today. Replacing the flip flops and short sleeves with something more appropriate for autumn in Maryland.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I need a go-to outfit! I had one for summer but now that wintertime is fast approaching? I'm bundled up in fleece. I think you should be all of our wardrobe consultants!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Madeline said...

I love simple, go-to outfits. They just make mom-life so much easier.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

For work, I can't wear jeans. So my WORK go-to outfit is a beige, knee-length sweater dress with a silver metal-loop belt and knee-high brown suede boots. Depending on the Cali weather, I may top it off with my jean blazer.

AT HOME, my go-to outfit is pretty much my Rock n' Republic jeans, white tank and my gray zip-up sweater.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

I love this look! I just wish I had the legs to go with it. I guess I could get some really really high flips... :)

BTW, you've been tagged.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, I love it :]

My go-to outfit, pre-pregnancy, was a pair of Old Navy jeans (I LOVE their jeans, I'm neutral about everything else) and just a nice white cotton v-neck t-shirt paired with some sequined purple flip-flops. Now that the baby bump means those jeans are sitting in a drawer waiting for next year, my go-to outfit is any shirt long enough to cover the bump and a pair of black fleece pants ;)

10:38 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

What does it say if that (or similar to it) is my go-to outfit-- complete with chic bag and sunglasses? LOL!

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in jean and T's I just need to dress them up a little bit more :P

5:21 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

I'm laughing here. I'm finally starting to like the shirt-haging-below-the-jacket look, but Mulletman HATES it. He consiers it a serious fashion error and, IF my shirt ever happens to fall so much as an inch below that garment I am wearing over it, he will insist I tuck it in so I don't look like a dork.

*G*

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home