Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: None of the jackets I've worn before

What I'd wear today if I could: Just a hoodie, like maybe this one from Old Navy. I don't mean like, just a hoodie and the rest of me naked. I mean, I have been thinking about what kind of jacket to get. (Remember my coat post?) My cool-weather coverups are older than old, and I need some new warm threads.

Here's my current jacket inventory: A dressy white wool jacket I first wore in 1986. Twenty-two years ago, peeps! A gray leather Indiana Jones-like lined jacket that is about as old, which was a gift I never wear because I look awful in gray. The red jacket I mentioned in my coat post, ugh. Another red jacket -- a lined windbreaker. Oh, and another red windbreaker, unlined. (Lots of red here.) A lightweight peach and white nylon-like jacket that's hardly warm. Assorted cardigans that don't add much warmth.

So it's cool again today, and I am thinking I really need that coat I blogged about before, but also something to replace those little lightweight jackets -- and retire all the red for a change. Then I realized most of Fly's cool-weather coverups are fleece hoodies (it's the only way he'll wear something on his head), and voila -- I found this lined hoodie. Just something for kicking around in.

And when I donate my old jackets, just think of all the closet space I'll save....

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

Cute hoodie! I'm thinking you're in need of a winter shopping spree. Every girl deserves a nice coat splurge. Too bad we don't live closer, we could do our winter coat shopping together. I'm sure in need as well!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

It looks so soft. I live in California and Arizona. I own TWO jackets.

One-two. That's it.

5:50 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I am surprised that you need much in the way of coats living in Florida? I desperately need to do a coat purge because I have way too many. Most of which are old and tired. Our coat closet is painfully overfull. I have a hard time throwing things out, though. I'm a terrible pack rat.

My daughter has that very same hoodie from Old Navy in wee size. She wears it almost every day.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in Canada and living in a snow storm as we speak. Jackets, coats, HOODIES are part of the wardrobe!

That hoodie is a cutie!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for the heads up on this hoodie. i checked it out and they even carry it in maternity (i am 6 months pregnant)! It is definitely going to be on my christmas list!!!!

jen

6:56 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Love it! I'd definitely wear that...it looks so nice and cozy! :)

9:10 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

i have to go to old navy this weekend - maybe i can pick up one for both of us :)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

These look so cozy!

Except I'm sweating buckets right now - hubby's not home and I don't want to turn on the air con for just me!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Love that Old Navy hoodie. I need a new winter coat too, but I'm hesitant to buy one right now since I'm not back to my normal weight, and buying a coat in a larger size will depress me.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home