Sunday, March 29, 2009

Health, showers, friends and other joys

Dealing with pregnancy fatigue and still dealing with a head cold (week three -- this bug has stamina!), I have an embarrassing amount of e-mails to respond to and an obscene number of posts in my reader that I couldn't possibly catch up on. I haven't been on Twitter in about a week. I had great plans for the Ultimate Blog Party including daily visits to the chat room I set up and additional giveaways (Jodifur won the Mothers & Children book). But they went the way of good intentions.

Despite my sorry physical state, I'm thankful for good general health -- for me and my family. Sometimes, I think being sick really makes you appreciate your health.

I appreciate being able to take a shower. For some reason, it occurred to me this week that I'm fortunate because my simple, quick shower routine is probably like a spa treatment to many people in the world.

I'm thankful for my real-life friends and mom posse, and also for my blog buddies. They -- you -- really prop me up.

I'm relieved every time someone greets me and doesn't comment on my expanding body size.

These are just some of the simple joys I discovered this week.

Labels: , , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I'm certain that you look gorgeous. I always felt big as a house, yet still sexy for some reason. I guess because everyone knows how you got that belly. I'm sad I'll never be pregnant again even though I'd complain about it if I was.

You're doing great! You're growing a human and that takes a lot of energy!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Just wanted to send you a smile.
Have a wonderful week.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Hope that head cold leaves you alone. There should be some cosmic rule that pregnant ladies shouldn't get sick.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I hope we all get showers today! : )

Steph

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself & Fly... you are growing a baby, and that's what matters!

9:16 AM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

I'm taking prednisone for a bad allergic reaction - so I look both fat and pregnant and like I have very bad skin - none of which is my norm.

It does indeed make me appreciate my usual state of being!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I love the fact that you took the time to "count your blessings" despite being sick (and pregnant, to boot!). Rest up and get well soon! Your little bundle will be here before you know it...and will shower you with even more simple joys, I'm sure. :)

3:25 PM  
Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

I am a lazy blogger as of late and don't even have pregnancy to blame. I wish I did because then not only would I have a viable excuse, but I'd be having a BABY! :o)

4:44 PM  
Blogger jodifur said...

Thanks you so much for the book!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

You are divine, friend. A better wave will come along soon. (((hugs)))

9:59 PM  
Anonymous chelle said...

It is definitely draining to grow a little one inside!

YAY for showers. May we all get one today!

8:16 AM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I had no less than three people ask me if I was having twins when I was pregnant. Good times. Sending healthy vibes your way!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

I once saw a tv show on which a young Afghan soldier was introduced as someone who had never had a hot shower. That has stayed with me for years - I cannot imagine never knowing the simple pleasure of a hot shower - it's definitely something to be grateful for...:-)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Being sick while pregnant is awful. It just shouldn't happen. I hope you're better soon. And yes, a hot shower is a total pleasure. May you always be able to enjoy one!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! It won't be long now...

6:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you're feeling better! It should be enough that we're pregnant but then to get sick on top of it? Hang in there!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one with an unmentionable number of unread posts in my reader!!! And I don't even have being sick or pregnant on my excuse list. Hope you feel better soon!

12:54 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I think it's wonderful that you're focusing on the "good things," the simply joys...even when you're sick and tired (and perhaps "sick & tired" of being pregnant too...). ;)

Only a few more weeks and that sweet baby will be in your arms. I can't wait to see pictures!

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home