Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Carolina Herrera Jr.

What I'd wear today if I could: a perfect outfit like the one Carolina Herrera Jr. is wearing in this photo from the holiday issue of defunct Domino magazine. This magazine was the only one worth flipping through on a recent OB/GYN appointment. (Yes, I said recent. The issue was five months old. My doctor's waiting room has replaced all the magazines with flat-screen TVs, apparently. Gah! I'm a magazine junkie, people! Where else am I going to have child-free time to flip through magazines I don't get at home? You're slowly killing me with an illiterate death!) I figured because the mag was so old, no one would care if I took it home. Then I scanned in this amazing photo of the famous designer's daughter.

What I think is so amazing about the photo is despite the grand home behind her, Carolina could be anybody's mom. That could be any woman in my town carrying a baby and holding the hand of her toddler, walking down the driveway to get the mail or paper.

Of course, for the purpose of WIWW, I love what she's wearing. Simple jeans. A basic white shirt. A necklace or maybe two. Undone hair. But she still looks put together. She could wear that outfit just about anywhere, for almost any regular-mom occasion. I imagine she even smells good. Maybe in a few years I will even make this my uniform, or at least my go-to outfit. Everyone needs something to aspire to.

Are there any outfits / looks / clothing or accessory items you aspire to?

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

The simple outfits are often the best. However, I would like to know if she can keep her white shirt clean after an hour or so with those two. :)

2:47 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I love the jeans and white shirt look. I need to get my girlish figure back before that would look even close to as good on me as it does on her.

Holy cow, I just looked over and saw the 27 days to go thing! Wow, it's soon!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Kirsetin Morello said...

I like this clean & simple look, too. But what I really want to know is how did she keep the children's shirts so white?!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Bon said...

i want to know how she tucks in her shirt and still manages not to look like a muffin.

i aspire not to look like a muffin. i am not terribly successful.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Great choice...jeans and a plain ol' shirt (or maybe even sweats instead of jeans! haha) are usually my first pick! :)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

It is a beautiful outfit. I don't know about making it a go to mom outfit, though. After about 10 minutes that pristine white shirt would be very visibly covered in snot, slobber, and pre-chewed food.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous chelle said...

You lost me at childless at appointments :P I have to take my monkeys with me most of the time *sigh*

1:37 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I am really into the "low maintenance" look these days. Not frumpy I don't care how I look look. But the I'm too busy having fun to get too dressed up look. Sporty mom, if you will. Capris, flip flops, and a ball cap work well for this look, so that's what I've been sporting quite frequently these days.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I agree. This is classic and stylish. I aspire to someday be able to rock a pair of heels. I'm 5'2, I should learn how to properly walk in them!

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Lis Garrett said...

The perfect outfit!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Some people can make the simplest outfits looks classy.

I am not one of those people.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home