Thursday, February 16, 2006

Are you ready for a new sensation?

Sunday, February 5:

My husband’s parents call right around bedtime. They want to know how our anniversary went.

But, really, what his mom wants to tell us is that we created quite a stir when we told his family.

First, his sister picked up our adorable nephew from preschool and went straight to their parents’ house on Friday to discuss the baby news. I don’t know what they talked about. They are great people, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were gossiping about me.

Then, my husband’s aunt called his mom and talked on the phone until 2 a.m.! His mom told me she practically recounted my husband’s entire childhood. His aunt and uncle never had children, but they doted on my husband and his sister as they grew up. All I can say is, I’m glad it was her and not me on the phone until 2 a.m.

My mother-in-law also said they talked to Grandfather’s second wife, who was still shaken up and happy about the news.

Who knew we’d create such a sensation?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home