Monday, March 27, 2006

For what it's worth

Monday, March 27:

An article came out over the weekend that says it's been estimated a stay-at-home parent is worth more than $131,000 per year (at least in monetary value).

Presuming I will continue to work from home and stay at home with the baby, this is interesting on so many levels. The chief one for me being that I don't think the work I do right now could be tallied up to that amount of money.

So adding a baby into my day will mean I'm worth more.

On so many levels.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I work part time (30 hours a week) and take care of my son in the afternoon/evenings, I have a little taste of both worlds. I have to confess that I don't see myself as worth that much if I stay home because my reason to stay home would be to be with my child, not to cook and clean. Since we've had him, we've added not just a childcare provider (30 hours a week), but a gardener 2 x month and a housekeeper 2 x month to our "family" so that when we are home we aren't burdened by chores. If I stopped working and stayed home full time, I don't know that I'd want to do all the lawn mowing and tub-scrubbing myself. I'd be exhausted from running after a toddler all day.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home