Monday, April 03, 2006

Bemoaning hormones

Sunday, April 2:

My husband wants to watch a movie tonight, and the one he wanted was out of stock at Blockbuster. So I pick up a different one, which he hates so much we turn it off, and resort to watching the last 20-30 minutes of Desperate Housewives. Out of desperation.

Gabrielle and Carlos are adopting a baby and rush to the hospital when they find out the birth mother is about to deliver. The baby is already born when they get there, though, and she gets wrapped in a soft pink blanket. Tough, sexy Gabrielle unnaturally melts at the sight of the baby in her arms.

“I’m going to cry,” I say. Why do I have to wait for six more months?

The show ends, or a commercial comes on or something, and my husband looks over at me. “You really are crying,” he says.

Just a little. Just one little tear, actually.

Dern these hormones!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home