Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wardrobe Wednesday



What I'd wear today if I could: this knit kimono-style dress from Delia's (yes, the teenager's store). Actually, I'd wear it not today, but for Flybaby's upcoming baptism. I'd order it online, but I don't think it would get to me in time for the blessed event. On second thought, maybe I'll order it and wear it another time, because I usually like to stick to solids for "important" events when you know you're going to be photographed. Prints really date your look, while solids and simple lines look more timeless. That way, in a few years when Flybaby looks back at his baptism photos, he won't roll his eyes in shame at what his old ma is wearing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scribbit said...

Okay so what, just HYPOTHETICALLY (of course) would you wear, say to a 25 year high school reunion?

1:56 PM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

Wow, that's tough! I have never gone to a reunion, can you believe that?! My graduating class was very small, and none of the kids were close friends. But no matter what, look gorgeous! Wear something you love, something that reaches out and grabs you. And splurge and get your hair done, if you're into that kind of thing. Hypothetically, of course!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Love that dress! A fun print. What you said about wearing solids, so true. That's my excuse for never buying anything but solids. I know, boring, some day I'll spice it up.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

That dress is super-cute. Love it!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home