Saturday, March 03, 2007

Blog party: Squeal or no squeal

For about a month and a half or so, Flybaby has been quite the squealer. When babies start making what are politely called "vocalizations," most parents are quite happy because they know "mama" and "dada" are just around the corner.

Well.

Not us.

I know, JP and I are bad parents. But Flybaby's squealing? Um. Let's just say he sounds more like a velociraptor than a human child.

To illustrate, I'm posting a small sample via video, just for the sake of this fantastic blog party we're having. Here is Fly squealing at my precious Baby Kitty who is all grown up (and weighs almost as much as Fly).

(video removed)

Now, if you multiply that squeal by 50 decibels and 10 minutes, that's what we're living with here, folks.

If you commented yesterday, thanks! Looks like several mamas are interested in the customized onesie/T-shirt giveaway! Maybe I should have a contest. What do you think?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Have a contest to see who's kid can sound like yours... Hunter totally went through the same phase and I did a post calling him a velociraptor, too.. I will go look for it... oh so sad. The videos don't work anymore...

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rylan went through a squealing phase too - except his was WAY more high pitched. Now we're into the early tantrum phase. Fun fun fun!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Yes- contests are verrry fun!! I don't think I could top the squealing, though, my guy just screeches at very loud, high pitches and you would not want to hear it...

Steph

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, we are right there with you! All three of our boys have gone through that "vocalization stage." Well, our youngest is still in it although his is much more muted as he has 2 very loud older brothers to compete with.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Wow. I think you're right on track with the "velociraptor" comparison! Poor Damselfly and JP!

3:26 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Ahh .. the music is gone ( thankyou ! ;) .. I find it hard to look at sites with audio PRIVATELY, without inspiring the interest of a 2.5yr old "Whazzat ? Whazzat ?"...

Did you ever think that maybe Fly is IMITATING the cat ? It is possible you know. My boy did all sorts of catlike things - they're at his height, they're interesting and sometimes cool & funny, and they meow.

I think Fly was meowing :)

1:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! Hmmm . . . I have three kids, and I have to say the squealing never stops. In fact, it turns into whining, "Mommy!" But so funny!

Nice to meet you :-)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Mama's Moon said...

Finally made it back over here after visiting the other day - sorry! With all the crazies going on around here I'm usually reading on the run and then coming back wondering if I'd actually said 'hi' or not! Uy! I love that video; baby squeals are The. Best.! There should be a whole blog dedicated to just that - we should call it Squealers.com and have monthly contests on that! hehehe. Anyway, just party-hoppin' and wanted to see how things were going over here! Hope you're having fun!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home