Sunday, July 01, 2007

No matter what

Today's post is written by Jenny at the so called me. Please find my blog exchange post at her site today!


I think in my child's eyes I am a way of comfort and love (of course). I'm really the only one he runs to when he's scared or not feeling well or hurt. In some ways it can be irritating because sometimes I want a little downtime, but for the most part it makes me feel awesome. Makes me feel like I'm doing a good job of loving and caring for him. I live each day knowing that I am the one who makes my little guy feel safe and I hope that never changes. I hope that he never stops coming to me when he needs me. I think a lot of moms feel that way though about all of their children. My mom feels that way about me to. But in my child's eyes, I know that I will always be the one that will always be there for him. No matter what.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Jenn in Holland said...

Absolutely! That's what a mama does. And you are right, it does feel awesome!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

A good job indeed!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful post.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Heaven said...

Oh you are so lucky my oldest is a Daddy's boy all the way.

10:00 AM  
Blogger soccer mom in denial said...

That is an amazing feeling isn't it? Healer of all things bad.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah, it is an awesome feeling. The knee kisser and it feels all better.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Alex Elliot said...

It is a wonderful feeling! Although maybe not at 3 in the morning :)

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful to be the source of comfort for our children? It's perfect that we're the ones who seem to do it best.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Dayngr said...

Yes! I always knew my mom would be there for me but she was a bit prude at times and I never felt completely comfortable discussing everything with her. I don't know if that was my fault but I just felt that way.

Today, I'm raising my kids to know that they can come to me about anything and everything and it will always be ok.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Mama's Moon said...

Perfectly written, and poignantly true!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Lady M said...

Comfort and love, always. :)

5:06 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Thank you sharing that was lovely.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Slackermommy said...

So true!

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stumbled this post :)

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home